Toribash
Original Post
Silly iPad battery question
I just got an iPad Mini 2 today, and I was wondering.
Is it okay for me to use Skype Webcam chat overnight and leave the iPad plugged in whilst it's doing this?

I used to do it with my laptop so I could "sleep" with my girlfriend (she's in another country) but now I have an iPad with much better quality webcam.

Though I don't know if it will wreck my battery life, it isn't as simple as getting a new battery with Apple tech and I am really impressed with the battery life on it so far, from 9am to now (9pm) it has dropped from 94% to 45% and I have been using it on the WiFi quite a bit.

Very impressed, just don't want to spoil that beautiful battery life.

Answers appreciated ^^

PS: Anybody know any cool app store apps I should get? I'm an android guy but I do like iPads
If it's plugged in and fully charged then the battery won't be damaged since it will switch over.

For an ipad I think the only thing that's bad for the battery is to deep cycle it to 0%, and obviously to leave it out in the sun or put it in an oven etc.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I'm pretty sure that leaving it plugged in over night can kill your battery over time. I don't think it's noticeable until you've used the thing for a while, but I think it doesn't help.

"Overcharging does affect this life expectancy which is why you should turn off your phone when charging it and unplug it when fully charged."

Source ~ https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4005752AA1MZzD
I can't imagine a $250 piece of luxury electronics wouldn't have the simple electronics to prevent overcharge/undercharge.
I actually typed that completely straight faced though...
I lol'd a little.

But yeah thanks ^^ I won't use it overnight because it gets warm and I think that reduces it's battery life. But I don't mind leaving it overnight now