Toribash
Original Post
TC payment server
Hey its F4R3 again i thought of a idea withc i dont know if its stupid or smart

Idea:
You can set up a server witch gose for 24HOURS ( or wateber time )
for a specific amount of TC E.G 5k this is an example maybe less or more depending on the time ou cna keep it on

What it dose : Without ou or anyone having to be host or be on the server to keep it going its just there
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want any Graphics? | PM ME!
Why would we generate more tc if we're suffering from inflation?
Generate more tc?

I dont think you get the idea

YOU pay the TC to keep the server up for a specific mount of time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want any Graphics? | PM ME!
Is this a tc sink? or are you trying to earn it?
I don't like military time, I prefer metric or imperial.
Originally Posted by Rumour View Post
What would be the benefit though?

Hosting bets for 6 hours straight. Charger broke. Went to the store. You know... I do. This could change stuff. Much fundamentals to add

I think this will help sinks. There would be a certaint amount of servers open for a max ammount of time for an amount of tc. That tc goes sink.
My rough algorithm? Iff:

Servers=100
Server with payouts to stay open for 20 minuets=5
Multiply by 2k=10ktc to keep a new server open for one hour
Etc Etc
Last edited by Link; Aug 4, 2014 at 04:53 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Why would anyone pay TC to keep their server up
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
OHHHH I see now. :| It is actually a pretty dumb idea. I was thinking too hard. +2 on me now, mwah.

If no one was on your server, why the hell do you need it?
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
OHHHH I see now. :| It is actually a pretty dumb idea. I was thinking too hard. +2 on me now, mwah.

If no one was on your server, why the hell do you need it?

Yeeeeeeah, this^.

I doubt anyone would pay for servers, I've always liked being able to set up a server with 1 command in toribash, I doubt/don't want this to change.
Permanently Open Servers
As pretty much everyone knows, you can create your own server. It's free, and it's easy.

However, leaving a server results in the room becoming nonexistent, just like it was before you created it.

My suggestion is simple. A system where you could pay a certain amount of TC (it could be a subscription, or just have one large price) to create a room that would stay open, even with 0 players in it, similar to public servers. It would allow for users to create public rooms that would never be created otherwise.

For example, say you've just created a competitive mod you believe is decent, and you will pay any amount of money required to make it known. You could create your own "public" server with the mod loaded, and come and go as you please without having to leave your computer on and AFK in the room.

This can be built upon. I made this thread quickly and didn't think absolutely everything through.