ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
TC payment server
Hey its F4R3 again i thought of a idea withc i dont know if its stupid or smart

Idea:
You can set up a server witch gose for 24HOURS ( or wateber time )
for a specific amount of TC E.G 5k this is an example maybe less or more depending on the time ou cna keep it on

What it dose : Without ou or anyone having to be host or be on the server to keep it going its just there
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Want any Graphics? | PM ME!
seems like a decent idea but what is going to happen is there will be tons of extra servers that no one goes in because the mod is shit but the creator is not gonna take it down

also inevitably someone is going to choose something like torisex or steelpackage just so they can have that server room up.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Also if this were to be the case, would said 'sponsored' (what I'm calling servers like these) servers would end up in our (the GM Teams) jurisdiction, meaning that if you brake the rules with profanity, slurs, global rule and bet server rules, you will suffer the same consequences that you would if the server was a normal public server or a tourney.

In the safty of a private server the punishments are usually light unless it involves scamming, depending on what you have done, but once you cross over into what we call "public space" everything changes.

Then again like day said we can't have a million useless servers that we can't take down whose only purpose is to take up space. This makes me wonder why mods like daycare and torisex were even allowed to exist.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
Why would anyone pay TC to keep their server up

perhaps a stupid rich mod maker wants to keep their server up for a day or so in order to advertise their new mod?

i see no problem with it as long as we have a limit to how many servers can be stickied at once. as well as the mods are approved by staff... that would be needed.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Originally Posted by F4R3 View Post
Idea:
You can set up a server witch gose for 24HOURS ( or wateber time )
for a specific amount of TC E.G 5k this is an example maybe less or more depending on the time ou cna keep it on

What it dose : Without ou or anyone having to be host or be on the server to keep it going its just there

I am not sure what you mean, but i'm guessing rent-a-server solution/service where the rented server resources are paid for in TC currency? Where the example is 5000 TC for 24 hours, for a 24 hour persistently open "room".

An ingame broadcast costs 5k TC, i think. http://forum.toribash.com/tori_broadcast.php . And "Barbed Wire" item is selling at 26500 TC..

The usual reason servers are put up for free, is personal interest. Though if some servers became rent-a-server, it usually means worse situations for, and eventual lack of, truly free servers. Bottom line, i'd be happy to put up free server, i have done so with TF2, Forums, IRC, Mumble, OpenVPN, Torrent-trackers and Bukkit/Spigot.

But if someone else is getting paid massively for providing exactly the same service, most server administrator/hosts usually seeks to be rewarded similar to the admins running paid-for servers.

I hope Toribash never becomes another Minecraft.
Last edited by DuckHuntP; Dec 21, 2015 at 07:39 PM.

Originally Posted by DuckHuntP View Post
I am not sure what you mean, but i'm guessing rent-a-server solution/service where the rented server resources are paid for in TC currency? Where the example is 5000 TC for 24 hours, for a 24 hour persistently open "room".

An ingame broadcast costs 5k TC, i think. http://forum.toribash.com/tori_broadcast.php . And "Barbed Wire" item is selling at 26500 TC..

The usual reason servers are put up for free, is personal interest. Though if some servers became rent-a-server, it usually means worse situations for, and eventual lack of, truly free servers. Bottom line, i'd be happy to put up free server, i have done so with TF2, Forums, IRC, Mumble, OpenVPN, Torrent-trackers and Bukkit/Spigot.

But if someone else is getting paid massively for providing exactly the same service, most server administrator/hosts usually seeks to be rewarded similar to the admins running paid-for servers.

I hope Toribash never becomes another Minecraft.

That is neither what I or he meant. I figured you yourself would be interested in this, for your UkeTV thing you have going. What we mean is, you yourself, and no one else, could pay a certain amount of TC (seems like perma price is out of the question, would be subcription based) to create a server that stays open even after you have left it. To prevent a large amount of shitty servers with inappropriate mods popping up, they would need to be given permission by a moderator of some kind.

To everyone else, I specfically put in my version of the thread that the price could be changed. A permanent price wouldn't work, obviously, as someone would just drop a shit ton of TC for a public torisex.tbm server.

So far, we've determined that the servers would have to be OKed by a staff member and be subscription based, price wise.

---------------------------------

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Also if this were to be the case, would said 'sponsored' (what I'm calling servers like these) servers would end up in our (the GM Teams) jurisdiction, meaning that if you brake the rules with profanity, slurs, global rule and bet server rules, you will suffer the same consequences that you would if the server was a normal public server or a tourney.

In the safty of a private server the punishments are usually light unless it involves scamming, depending on what you have done, but once you cross over into what we call "public space" everything changes.

Then again like day said we can't have a million useless servers that we can't take down whose only purpose is to take up space. This makes me wonder why mods like daycare and torisex were even allowed to exist.

In my opinion the users who created the "sponsored" server would be allowed to create their own rules, while following specific guidelines set by the staff. Rules for rules, if you will.
Last edited by Jaxon; Dec 21, 2015 at 11:43 PM.
Why would you pay tc for your server to stay up?? unless its a grand event or something, but you know, most user-created servers are just for fun. Also, betting servers wont last a day, or any other events (in my own view and opinion).

I don't support this
Last edited by Sc1ence01; Dec 22, 2015 at 10:57 AM.
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex