Ranking
Original Post
Best Computer Setup ~$2000
Im willing to entrust and hear your opinions on different builds. Most important parts etc.

Price is about $2000. Majority going to be used for just Gaming. Give me all the specs pls
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Have you read the sticky?

Also now is not a good time to buy a computer, IMO wait for x99 and DDR4
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I've looked at the frequently asked questions one in regards to computers, it has a general consensus of things, was just wondering if you guys have secret little cost effective graphics cards or individual pieces you come to like. Something only someone who uses and builds a lot of computers would know.

Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Well, I guess waiting for DDR4 and x99 are tips like that. Also using an m.2 ssd (which for some reason falco doesn't mention).

What form factor are you looking for? ATX? mATX? mITX?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I like using this site for sales: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales

But like Pig said it'd probably be better to wait considering your price range. Could you pop out some more info? Like are you interested in multiple monitors? 4k gaming? Do you do any content creation or are you just using this for gaming? Also would be good to list what you already have/don't need. For instance if you have a keyboard, monitor(s), mouse, and headphones/speakers you like then we won't need to include those in the 2000USD budget.
(>^_^)>
If you do some saving and stuff, you could end up building a great computer at around 800-1.2k, sometimes even less. I would also agree with Immortal, it might be best to wait it out because you could get some better things in the long run, but it might cost more.
8-)
Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
I've looked at the frequently asked questions one in regards to computers, it has a general consensus of things, was just wondering if you guys have secret little cost effective graphics cards or individual pieces you come to like. Something only someone who uses and builds a lot of computers would know.

The best graphics card for the money right now is the 750ti, it can run everything at 1080p on at least medium but I don't think you'd have one in a $2000 build.
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
I like using this site for sales: http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales

But like Pig said it'd probably be better to wait considering your price range. Could you pop out some more info? Like are you interested in multiple monitors? 4k gaming? Do you do any content creation or are you just using this for gaming? Also would be good to list what you already have/don't need. For instance if you have a keyboard, monitor(s), mouse, and headphones/speakers you like then we won't need to include those in the 2000USD budget.

Multiple monitors doesn't really matter to me. I was wanting to double up on graphics cards, however Im not sure how compatibility works between one and the other. This computer would be mostly for Coding & Gaming. A decent recommendation for some good speakers would be nice, as i've not had some for 5 years.

I literally need the whole set up, from gaming mouse through the power source. Im also making the switch from OSX to Windows, so whats the minimum cost for a nice computer, are we going up to $3000 then? I can sell some shit :P

Speaking of which, I'd like some Keyboards you guys have been using, Im a bigger fan of keyboards where you can slide your fingers ofc but i need that satisfactory acknolegment when I click a key I know I did.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Have you read the sticky?

Also now is not a good time to buy a computer, IMO wait for x99 and DDR4

Im confused on why now is not a good time for buying a computer? Is everything expensive or are there just new releases with much more potential coming soon. Essentially just wait for this?

En regards to ATX vs mATX is there anything I should be concerned about other than the missing pci slots? Any other downsides because of size? Im sure you would know.
Last edited by DropKick; Aug 23, 2014 at 08:45 AM.

[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
With a 2k budget you can't double up two graphics card. Also go midATX, it's cheaper, and it will work fine with your budget.