Toribash
Originally Posted by haloyoung View Post
Ok , thank you I never knew that. Know I understand why and I will suck it up. -Haloyoung

...I was expecting a much more hostile reaction. Thanks for the nice response. <3
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by SpartaCraft View Post
...I was expecting a much more hostile reaction. Thanks for the nice response. <3

lol, thats becuase he thinks you know more then him. So he's taking your advice, I remember when I used to be like that.
anyway, this game was never meant to be realistic. The players took the game and made it that way(nuthug).
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
I get a lot of shit for using snapkicks in erthTK and teakkyon

I hear that snapping is not real taekkyon from people who start with noobclaps and sticky hands.

But then I look at youtube taekkyon docummentaries like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-X5AVw3Ksw

...and I see NOTHING but snaps to the crotch and limited grabbing.

So yeah, I will just do my shit and keep on kicking.
Apparently there's this thing called "rushkicking" that I've never heard of before.
People just keep making up names for things they're butthurt about losing to.

Why can't people just accept the loss? If they practiced more they wouldn't lose to it as often.
Last edited by Sparta; Jan 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
The fact is, snapkicking and rushkicks are overpowered setups.
Snapkicks use the force behind the quick movements of tk to get a fast hit early in the game while protecting the rest of your body behind your mostly stronger legs which makes it infinitely harder for other players to get any sort of position to do anything on you. Imagine trying to shoot someone through a wall of concrete 10 feet thick.

Especially in mushu, the ability to get a dm on the first frame is a ridiculous advantage. Add that to the fact that it's essentially the same thing as a snapkick in the sense that you're getting the advantage of hiding behind your legs and then your legs are essentially laser beams presents a rather massively unfair situation. The lightest touch gives you a double core on the first move with a rushkick.

That and the fact that there are few enough ways to counter these and most of them don't always work and you can see why people don't like it. Perhaps if you got snapkicked or rushkicked every time you went up and you never got the chance to play an actual game you'd understand why people don't like it. People who defend techniques like snapkicks and rushkicks are normally the people who abuse them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Yes, I abuse them, but I don't care anymore.

Firstly, you CAN defend a snapkick. You can do what I call a sparta kick, and when you see a snap you can delay it and bounce it of with your knee. You can also counter with another snap, but you gotta know how to target your kick, which sadly most people can't do. You can also sticky grab them. Sticky hands are actually quite overpowered and unrealistic, but nobody has a problem with those, huh.

Secondly, reaching out with your straight arm or doing noobclaps or bending over like a homosexual are overly promoted moves. In real life THEY WOULDN'T WORK at all, and would make you end up in a situation just like in Toribash: unable to defend against a kick or slap to the face. I believe that the so called "elites" of Toribash are promoting idiotic fighting styles, just because they can't handle every single straightforward technique. I think these kids need to actually go to a kickboxing club so that they can call people using muay thai kicks snapkickers, or to a wrestling club where they will get picked up above the ground by guys who go to a gym on regular basis and slammed to the floor, so that they can call them lifters. I don't think anybody will care, though.

Thirdly: this is Toribash. We got moon gravity; light models; overly sensitive joints. It's difficult to freely maneuver, walk, and you can get randomly dq'ed every now and then. I think you should blame the programmers for lack of updates, not people who do not wish to fight in some abstract manner.

Last point: if you got a problem with snaps and want some balanced close quarter combat, I recommend kickbox. I achieved rank 6 or 7 in this mod in just a few days so there must be something more than snapkicks to me, I think.
Originally Posted by RadexHEJOO View Post

Firstly, you CAN defend a snapkick. You can do what I call a sparta kick, and when you see a snap you can delay it and bounce it of with your knee. You can also counter with another snap, but you gotta know how to target your kick, which sadly most people can't do. You can also sticky grab them. Sticky hands are actually quite overpowered and unrealistic, but nobody has a problem with those, huh.

Secondly, reaching out with your straight arm or doing noobclaps or bending over like a homosexual are overly promoted moves. In real life THEY WOULDN'T WORK at all, and would make you end up in a situation just like in Toribash: unable to defend against a kick or slap to the face. I believe that the so called "elites" of Toribash are promoting idiotic fighting styles, just because they can't handle every single straightforward technique. I think these kids need to actually go to a kickboxing club so that they can call people using muay thai kicks snapkickers, or to a wrestling club where they will get picked up above the ground by guys who go to a gym on regular basis and slammed to the floor, so that they can call them lifters. I don't think anybody will care, though.

Thirdly: this is Toribash. We got moon gravity; light models; overly sensitive joints. It's difficult to freely maneuver, walk, and you can get randomly dq'ed every now and then. I think you should blame the programmers for lack of updates, not people who do not wish to fight in some abstract manner.

Last point: if you got a problem with snaps and want some balanced close quarter combat, I recommend kickbox. I achieved rank 6 or 7 in this mod in just a few days so there must be something more than snapkicks to me, I think.

I agree. What I just tell people is "It's not my fault you can't counter."
Originally Posted by RadexHEJOO View Post

I like the way you defend most of your points with the "realism" factor. WHO SAID THIS GAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC, LET ALONE THE MODS TK AND KB. As for no problem with hands, I don't know anyone who doesn't complain about them breaking off constantly especially when sticky. Unlike kicks they have a higher tendency to break off during grabs and such, often ruining a game or losing it for the person grabbing (even when they're attempting to grab to dismember someone this may, and does, occur.

Your second comment about noobclaps etc correlates with realism again which is not the point of the mods, who told you this nonsense? Nobody cares about some fucking kickboxing club you probably go to with all your real life pro skills, in this game it's considered cheap, it is not real life please try to understand this. Besides, I doubt real kicks break people in half...

Your third point completely contradicts your realism approach to your argument by stating the fact that toribash has UNREALISTIC gravity. Aside from that fact, blaming programmers for making a game about beads dismembering each other unrealistic is beyond stupid, I don't even know what to say in reply to that. It's, in fact, completely irrelevant to say that stupid comment anyway, considering the fact these are certain game modes (or mods whatever) available in the game, not the entire game itself. These mods in particular are for dismembering each other in an unrealistic manner (the toribash manner, if you will), the names are just given because they're actual types of fighting styles or sports (much like aikido, wushu and judo. None of those mods reflect any kind of resemblance to the actual real life versions.)

Finally your last point.
Kickboxing actually has worse snap kicks in my opinion lol. The fact that you got rank 6 or 7 in a few days doesn't mean much in the matter, you just didn't face people using the techniques mentioned.

Aside from my fairly one sided post here I don't agree with complaining about playing styles. You should just get over it and try to counter the moves, once you do that the game becomes a lot more fun, the cheap tactics become a challenge and even fun at times to play against.
On the other hand of this though that doesn't make the people using the tactics any less pathetic than the moves themselves, once you get past the noobie servers and go in to big boy territory, it's time to take off your training wheels and fight like a man. Don't use those silly moves you did when you were still in your tori-diapers!

/rant
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I like the way you defend most of your points with the "realism" factor. WHO SAID THIS GAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC, LET ALONE THE MODS TK AND KB. As for no problem with hands, I don't know anyone who doesn't complain about them breaking off constantly especially when sticky. Unlike kicks they have a higher tendency to break off during grabs and such, often ruining a game or losing it for the person grabbing (even when they're attempting to grab to dismember someone this may, and does, occur.

Your second comment about noobclaps etc correlates with realism again which is not the point of the mods, who told you this nonsense? Nobody cares about some fucking kickboxing club you probably go to with all your real life pro skills, in this game it's considered cheap, it is not real life please try to understand this. Besides, I doubt real kicks break people in half...

Your third point completely contradicts your realism approach to your argument by stating the fact that toribash has UNREALISTIC gravity. Aside from that fact, blaming programmers for making a game about beads dismembering each other unrealistic is beyond stupid, I don't even know what to say in reply to that. It's, in fact, completely irrelevant to say that stupid comment anyway, considering the fact these are certain game modes (or mods whatever) available in the game, not the entire game itself. These mods in particular are for dismembering each other in an unrealistic manner (the toribash manner, if you will), the names are just given because they're actual types of fighting styles or sports (much like aikido, wushu and judo. None of those mods reflect any kind of resemblance to the actual real life versions.)

Finally your last point.
Kickboxing actually has worse snap kicks in my opinion lol. The fact that you got rank 6 or 7 in a few days doesn't mean much in the matter, you just didn't face people using the techniques mentioned.

Aside from my fairly one sided post here I don't agree with complaining about playing styles. You should just get over it and try to counter the moves, once you do that the game becomes a lot more fun, the cheap tactics become a challenge and even fun at times to play against.
On the other hand of this though that doesn't make the people using the tactics any less pathetic than the moves themselves, once you get past the noobie servers and go in to big boy territory, it's time to take off your training wheels and fight like a man. Don't use those silly moves you did when you were still in your tori-diapers!

/rant

^ says the guy who plays and promote mushu and openers
too much about contradictions
Last edited by snake; Jan 30, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
When did I ever seriously promote mushu or openers and what does that have to do with my post? Lol
Nothing wrong with them anyway imo.
Besides that completely irrelevant and useless point, I made a reply with my opinions on the matter.
You just posted some pointless statement with no effect on the thread at all, seems like you just said something for the sake of saying something.
I made some, in my opinion, valid points in response to a previous posts, you however just said I talked about contradiction too much. If you disagree with something I said feel free to make a reply, not just some one sentence post with nothing in it.
Last edited by Snook; Jan 30, 2014 at 11:49 PM.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09