- changed drawing object in lua to use same function as drawing environment
- fixed changing motd in mod maker resets custom to default
- changed environment to draw without raytrace reflection
- fixed flameforge menu not closing when opening main menu
- fixed German keyboard layout bug
- Redundant lobbies for a more stable backend

Lua:
added lua function set_hair_color, set_hair_settings, reset_hair
well even one score per joint is okay for now.

next big thing we need is mod categorizing to separate mods with points system and without and start using them for.. idk servers?

this shit even as it is gives alot of competative depth to the game, so hopefully it will be promoted by staff too.

right now i see a quite good opportunity to revamp wushu and boxing mod + may be some pro-sparring modes etc etc

can't see how it may impact aikido (looking forward joint based dq system overhaul, since there is no need to separate joint and bodypart for dq)

and yeah dreams come true this year?
Last edited by snake; Jan 11, 2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by snake View Post
well even one score per joint is okay for now.

next big thing we need is mod categorizing to separate mods with points system and without and start using them for.. idk servers?

this shit even as it is gives alot of competative depth to the game, so hopefully it will be promoted by staff too.

right now i see a quite good opportunity to revamp wushu and boxing mod + may be some pro-sparring modes etc etc

can't see how it may impact aikido (looking forward joint based dq system overhaul, since there is no need to separate joint and bodypart for dq)

and yeah dreams come true this year?

Yeah, for sure. There needs to some sort of button that will show you the chart we see in modmaker so that people can quickly understand the mod. Or else, a lot of people will be lost. Categorization is very important for servers I guess too.

imo, it will affect all striking mods. We will probably see people preferring to play in one damage system, instead of the other. Hopefully, we'll be able to produce some really good ones for the different mods. Will revamp wushu for sure, it will be a revolution!

Can't you set separate joints for dq in aikido already? Or is sumo 0/1 the only option?

Yes, dreams come true!! ;pp
Your messed up world enthrills me
also holy fuck, it gives a lot of space to create mods similar to irl counterpart martial arts...

just a tiny function that gives such many possibilities..

hopefully it will be strongly promoted, because otherwise it have a risk to stay unknow for crowd like flags
-----
also holy fuck, it gives a lot of space to create mods similar to irl counterpart martial arts...

hopefully it will be strongly promoted, with events n shit, and in official rooms, because otherwise it have a risk to stay unknown for crowd like flags.

and this thing adds a whole new level of gameplay
Last edited by snake; Jan 11, 2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

hopefully it will be strongly promoted, because otherwise it have a risk to stay unknow for crowd like flags

Hmmm, yes. But, you cannot let's say give 1 point for a headhit by hand and 2 points for a headhit by legs. Not the biggest problem in the world, but yeah. :P
and yeah ball axis grab with grab threshold. can be done with backward compatibility by creating new grab flag (0 by default - fixed line connection, 1 - ball axis (360,360,360) )
and grab threshold by ( 0 by default - unbreakable, 100 - force required to break etc, based on same characteristic as joints strength )

i'm pretty sure it will be an actual step forward if we will have these changes + mod cathegorization.

may be built in atmospheres script used as arenas which was suggested by us long time ago aswell.. meh, as far as i can recall it was mostly about additional players customization, but i assume it's way better idea to make mods bound to atmospheres for better visual representation, so you will have a dojo etc for dojo mods like aikido, and some other stuff for striking mods etc.

all what really needs to be done is getting rid of thousands of mods. the less mods avaible - the less dispersed community is.

people will eb still able to make and promote their mods, but to make em official these mods should be verified and accepted.

so we will have an actually playable pack mods available for new players.
and of course mod categorizing. "beginner" "pro" "elite" n shit sounds lame, but this type of thing should be also used for mods categorization.
Last edited by snake; Jan 11, 2014 at 02:24 PM.
We're testing the new system for wushu on /jo test100
this is great!
-----
Hampa: Is there a way to change the damage to score for each joint/bodypart?
Last edited by William; Jan 11, 2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
so far it looks like score threshold 50 is the most optimal value. i assume it means score 5000

EDIT: not sure about 5000.. it's good but may be uncomfortable for beginners.

need to test
Last edited by snake; Jan 12, 2014 at 12:23 AM.
just want to say that oblivion's spar has [T]Nightin as it's author. otherwise, nice update.
oh yeah
yeah want to add one mroe tight.. bodypart flag to cause no damage and we will have a perfect boxing mod
yeah want to add one mroe tight.. bodypart flag to cause no damage and we will have a perfect boxing mod

if you put the Scoring Multiplier to 0 it doesn't take any damage. This is the value for hands, knees and feet. They never add to the score.