Toribash
Original Post
The History of the Inquisition

It is several millenia hence. Mankind has spread across the stars and the Empire of Man has conquered the galaxy. At the head of the Empire is the God_Emperor of Mankind. He remains on Earth, a symbol of devotion and faith. But not all is gumdrops and sunshine. In its conquest fo the galaxy, Mankind has found numerous alien empires, and far worse things. Having discovered hyper-light speed travel, Man has discovered an alternate dimension, known as the Curse. It is a repository for all conscious thoughts and emotions and from these baleful energies pour forth demons that tear at the fabric of reality, intent on devouring the souls of the living after corrupting human hosts. And, as was always true of any civilization, there are dissenters among the Empire. There are those who traffic with the forces bent on humanity's eradicatoin, willingly manifesting demons, or committing blasphemy against the Imperial Creed, disavowing worship of the God-Emperor for far darker powers. In these dark, troubled times, the Inquisition was created.
The Inquisition is a clandestine organization whose sole mission is the preservation of Mankind's dominion over the stars. It is divided into three separate branches: the Ordo Xenos, the Ordo Malleus, and the Ordo Hereticus. The Ordo Xenos is tasked with the extermination of all aliens and their traces fromt he galaxy. The Ordo Malleus fights the never-ending battle against the creatures of the Cursed Realm and their followers. The Ordo Hereticus seeks out all cults and heretics who jeopardize the authority of the Imperial Creed.
An Inquisitor's power is limitless, his scope unrestrained. Cities may burn, populations executed, whole planets and systems rendered barren wastes; all at the behest of an Inquisitor. He has access to all resources, can usurp any power, execute anyone if he believes that it will further his mission. For the Inquisition is the God-Emperor's will incarnate and each Inquisitor is a vessel for his holy wrath. They are everywhere and nowhere; all Imperial citizens, from the lowest scribe to the Lords of Earth themselves fear them, for none are above the scrutiny of the Inquisition.
Last edited by Lord_Inquisitor; Aug 17, 2007 at 05:20 PM.

~I refute the conventions of mortal existence. It is much more enjoyable to be a god.~
i still think that story is amazing
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
wow u realy milked the start, i mean it wasnt that spactacilar

all the planets lined up and all the flours died and the sky went black
dont attack the story... lol... its quite good
Gynx is a nubby nubly nub nub who nubs around nubbing
even tho i got lost durring the middle (my bad) it was by what i did read very um... whats the word?

oh yea...no

all i can say is that its quiet the story *thumbs up*