Ranking
Original Post
Replay Redux
This thread is more directed to the newer Toribashers who don't know me yet. But if you do know me, feel free to watch and comment anyway.

I used to be a regular replay maker, making replays every now and then. I stopped playing Toribash since last Christmas, and have decided to play again soon, but atm, I'm really busy with school.

Anyway here are some of my favourite replays I've done in the past:

Progressive: Some pretty cool nograb booming.
Whizzle: I like the way I spin and stuff.
TapDance: Nograb madman using only my feet. Pretty fast stuff.
360v2: 360 splitcap. The oldest replay of the bunch, but I still like it.
Neutral: This is actually an edit of another person's replay. Everything before the jump belongs to Larfen. I like the spin and stuff. But I probably should've tried harder with the pose. Oh well...

Enjoy
Attached Files
DJ3hitcombo18-Progressive.rpl (104.2 KB, 46 views)
DJ3hitcombo22-Whizzle.rpl (183.5 KB, 43 views)
DJmadman44-TapDance.rpl (123.6 KB, 61 views)
DJ-SplitCap6-360v2.rpl (74.1 KB, 33 views)
DJ-SplitCap18-Neutral.rpl (93.5 KB, 47 views)
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Mar 20, 2010 at 12:46 PM.
Lets go!

DJ3hitcombo18 - Very nice boomhits, my only complaint is the kick, it doesn't blend in and flow well with the punches. 8/10
Too improve, try to relax a bit more, I could see you did relax, but relax that little bit more and it will blend, trust.

DJ3hitcombo22 - 2nd kick was stiff, but the last boomhit was awesome, also, the intro was a bit..bland if you ask me, but it did blend in well to the split punch. 7.5/10
Too improve, try to make the intro more, dance-like, and not like the Tori is having a seizure.

DJmadman44 - Hmm..once again, the intro. I didn't like the first DM, but it did lead up to some nice booms, so I'll give you 7/10.
Too improve, make the first kick hit a different area, like the glutes, I don't like how you hit the knee first.

DJ-SplitCap6 - The intro went really well with this one, it just suited the split, and the blend into the head kick was pretty nice, too, 7/10.
Too improve, use a different pose, I didn't like that one, you could have easily assumed another pose with that position you were in.

DJ-SplitCap18 - Wow, the intro lacked of "purpose", but the almost in sync split-cap was very nice, I also liked the frames just before the split cap, momentum build-up was nice, keep it up, 7.5/10.
Too improve, don't use that intro ever again, I hated the contract elbows only, even if it did add style, also, the split could have had a bit more power.

Hope you liked my review I guess.
| tom |
I don't what replays Castra was watching, but that was awesome. You make boomhits so easily and your flow is amazing.
I don't want to comment each replay like castra.
I only want to say that you are the reason why i've started to do replays.
Hope you will be active as soon as possible.
(btw Overall these replays are a 9.2/10... i've seen better ones from you )
Long gone
Gotta go with Pulse on this. Too tired to crit each one separately, but I will say you and Rutz were the people who inspired me to do replays again.
Aslask: link8: Do you know what the soviet union is? Or was
Marco: link8: do you know what a carrot is? Or was
Onamist, I know what replays I was watching.
I'm not going to lick his arse inside and out JUST because his replays are good.
I gave him fair criticsm, and if you don't like that, get out?
._.
| tom |
We all have our opinions. Sometimes opinions clash.
For most part Castra, I didn't mind your criticism, but some part did not make sense to me.

Originally Posted by Castra View Post
Lets go!

DJ3hitcombo18 - Very nice boomhits, my only complaint is the kick, it doesn't blend in and flow well with the punches. 8/10
I personally thought it flowed very well. The kick was to pull Uke towards me for more power with the punches. Opposite moving forces generate more force than those moving in the same direction.
Too improve, try to relax a bit more, I could see you did relax, but relax that little bit more and it will blend, trust. <--

DJ3hitcombo22 - 2nd kick was stiff,Didn't seem stiff to me, but maybe we saw it from different angles but the last boomhit was awesome, also, the intro was a bit..bland if you ask me, but it did blend in well to the split punch. 7.5/10
Too improve, try to make the intro more, dance-like, and not like the Tori is having a seizure.

DJmadman44 - Hmm..once again, the intro. I didn't like the first DM, but it did lead up to some nice booms, so I'll give you 7/10.
Too improve, make the first kick hit a different area, like the glutes, I don't like how you hit the knee first. I don't really see anything fundamentally wrong with hitting the knee. Also, had I hit the glutes or hips, there is much more weight behind those joints since they are clustered together, and that would stop my momentum too much and basically, there'd be no 2nd kick. Without a 2nd kick, there's no 3rd etc etc

DJ-SplitCap6 - The intro went really well with this one, it just suited the split, and the blend into the head kick was pretty nice, too, 7/10.
Too improve, use a different pose, I didn't like that one, you could have easily assumed another pose with that position you were in.

DJ-SplitCap18 - Wow, the intro lacked of "purpose",Intro was not mine. It's an edit of Larfen's replay. Yay for blaming shit on other people but the almost in sync split-cap was very nice, I also liked the frames just before the split cap, momentum build-up was nice, keep it up, 7.5/10.
Too improve, don't use that intro ever again, I hated the contract elbows only, even if it did add style, also, the split could have had a bit more power. It's very tough to get power from a 360 kick. A lot of momentum is lost from the spinning. The two kicks managed to split and decap Uke so I thought it was good enough.

Hope you liked my review I guess.

Thanks to everyone else who commented as well.
They are all read and appreciated.

Originally Posted by Pulse View Post
I only want to say that you are the reason why i've started to do replays.
Hope you will be active as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by DoubleFort View Post
but I will say you and Rutz were the people who inspired me to do replays again.

Glad to be an inspiration
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Mar 21, 2010 at 02:09 AM.
Long time no replays

Anyway, tapdance is my favourite, i just can't get over how easy you made that look AND that last decap.
You went on break? How did I miss that? Anyways, these are great, hope you get back into it. Personally I havent made anything decent in a while :/
Organisation of Awesome: Member.