ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Noobish to do same move if nobody can beat it?
Here's the thing. In Unco's vacuum mod i did a super simple move a couple times (it was just extending glutes) and for some reason, as easy as it is, nobody could beat it! So, I was about to quit when a couple people, who will remain nameless (I'll refer to them by belt for simplicity's sake), started bitching at me that i was a noob. (One was a 5 dan the other was a white belt...im 3 dan so im right between them lol) Then I told the 5 dan if I'm such a noob why can't you beat me? His response was that it's cause he changes his moves, unlike me, who is a noob. I told him good. change it to beat me! Well, he continued flaming me. So then instead of changing as planned, I kept at it just to spite him. For the next 5 matches he played against me he continued to lose. (Then he went on a rant about how in any other mode he could own me, blah blah blah, even though I know I am better than him at wushu and we break even in judo)

My question is this: Is it nooby that I did that, or that he bitched at me about doing something so "nooby" but somehow couldn't beat it?
You aren't nooby, it's just that some members don't take losing repeatedly well, and they bitch to make THEMSELVES feel better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Proud Member of [Inq] - 4th Dan
apparently its a good move.
use it, but not all the time.
Originally Posted by DesertPunk View Post
look out for walruses!

agreed, people complain about my judo move, which constantly racks 10-MANY streaks in even bb judo, and i just tell them to be a man and find a way to beat it, eventually one will beat it and will be like oh a pwned you stupid nub you did the same move and it was so easy to beat... after i went 4-0 against him, its just something to shrug off really
Since when did I become Asian?
Although i believe that you should use a variety of moves instead of just sticking to one good one, I think it is more noobish on the 5th dans part that he couldnt even counter a move that was constantly used against him.
5:13 PM - vasp: everybody's nuts is so good
[00:18:38] <&vespesi3n> you should see when i swallow
[21:49:37] <&vespesi3n> >my mouth when
[21:49:43] <&vespesi3n> >my tastebuds when
Exactly mosier. Normally I don't do that, but he was just being such a bitch I had to do it to spite him...
yeah, i got one move in aikido that pretty much never fails. (ive beaten hampa with it)
so i use the same move alot
Originally Posted by DesertPunk View Post
look out for walruses!

Originally Posted by DarkSeraph View Post
You aren't nooby, it's just that some members don't take losing repeatedly well, and they bitch to make THEMSELVES feel better.

Exactly. ;)

I don't think it is noobish to use the same opener over and over again, I just don't like to because to me its funner to switch things up, plus when I do that it help me think on my feet better.
~®awksoniC
---
/.---------====/:::::=:=:::::\====---------.\
|..D.....A....\...../...|./.../’’..../”’\...|\..|...|.../’’’..|
|..l \.../..\....\/\/....l.\..._/....\,,/...|..\|...|...\_,'.|
\.---------====\:::::=:=:::::/====---------./