Ranking
Hello, I'm Dark/Daniel, and I eat sandwiches rather frequently. I'm also the newest member of Chivalry! Now that I've introduced myself...

Originally Posted by MrSofty View Post
We didnt lower it yet but were still discussing it. Well, as we have the following votes:
Yes:
TimeWorker 10/10
MrSofty 10/10
Paikor 10/10
Karhu16 05/10
Mafia 05/10
No:
No-one

As majority of the people think it would be better to lower it, I think its time to do it.
Need the leader's, karhu's, confirmation.

In my opinion, having a minimum belt as high as second dan really limits you in terms of potential members. You can't both desire to recruit a sizeable amount of players and have a relatively exclusive minimum belts, as this means that a lot of people who would want to join the clan, and potentially be invaluable members are unable to, simply because we have generalised that anyone under second dan is unworthy of joining. But that's just my two cents, and as far as I'm aware that's the general consensus anyway.

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
Attentioooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!
Originally Posted by Mafia
Those who make an application pass the trial rank easier

Okay, Here are a few things I have to say:
1. Make better ranks.
- Leader, Co-Leader, War-leader, Recruiter: These are the main ranks, its okay.
- Knights, Warriors: Only 2 ranks for members? We literally added someone to Knights yet.
Even if lets say, i'm a normal member chilling in warrior
i'm added to Knight.
Me: Thank you... Meh... Dope (real meaning) name of the rank... Doesn't feel like an achievement!
- Make ranks so members can feel better about it and feel like they are a part of the clan.
We just literally pushed everyone in warriors rank and everyone seems equal.

2. The people who make apps would directly be added in Members rank.
- Like what more we deserve from them? They said in their apps that they are active in toribash, in weekends they're active all day, normal days they're active this time and blah blah. Sounds enough. We know they're active
- They give us replays to show us their skills and we discuss about it. Further more, we just have a chill chat and matches our Clan server so we can see their skills.
That sounds enough. They can be added to normal members rank. If they go inactive, the rules of inactivity applies to them rather than rules of inactivity for "trial" members

3. People recruited in-game will be added to Trials.
- Now, they'll be told that if they want to be tested in-game and having a 10 min talk as Time said, asking questions and stuff; if they think it sounds fair to be added to Trial members, they'll be invited after!
- If they think this doesn't sound fair to them and they want to be normal member, they'll make an app
- On trial members, we'll keep activity checks after and will be kicked for inactivity like we usually do
Last edited by MrSofty; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:23 AM.
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
Originally Posted by DarkEmber View Post
Hello, I'm Dark/Daniel, and I eat sandwiches rather frequently. I'm also the newest member of Chivalry! Now that I've introduced myself...

In my opinion, having a minimum belt as high as second dan really limits you in terms of potential members. You can't both desire to recruit a sizeable amount of players and have a relatively exclusive minimum belts, as this means that a lot of people who would want to join the clan, and potentially be invaluable members are unable to, simply because we have generalised that anyone under second dan is unworthy of joining. But that's just my two cents, and as far as I'm aware that's the general consensus anyway.

Ayyyyy welcome to the clan DEmber ^_^
-----

1. Make better ranks.
- Knights, Warriors: Only 2 ranks for members? We literally added someone to Knights yet.
i'm added to Knight.
Me: Thank you... Meh... Dope (real meaning) name of the rank... Doesn't feel like an achievement!
- Make ranks so members can feel better about it and feel like they are a part of the clan.

- Like what more we deserve from them? They said in their apps that they are active in toribash, in weekends they're active all day, normal days they're active this time and blah blah. Sounds enough. We know they're active
- They give us replays to show us their skills and we discuss about it. Further more, we just have a chill chat and matches our Clan server so we can see their skills.
That sounds enough. They can be added to normal members rank. If they go inactive, the rules of inactivity applies to them rather than rules of inactivity for "trial" members

- Now, they'll be told that if they want to be tested in-game and having a 10 min talk as Time said, asking questions and stuff; if they think it sounds fair to be added to Trial members, they'll be invited after!
- If they think this doesn't sound fair to them and they want to be normal member, they'll make an app
- On trial members, we'll keep activity checks after and will be kicked for inactivity like we usually do

This could work. But I still prefer to have everyone go to trial rank for a while.
And as i wrote before, those who joining using and application will pass the trial rank easier and faster.
And those who joined from in-game stay trial for a longer while and pass slightly harder.
My point was to make fair for players who join using and application and those who join from talking to the recruiter(s) in-game.
Last edited by Mafi; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:29 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
-----

This could work. But I still prefer to have everyone go to trial rank for a while.
And as i wrote before, those who joining using and application will pass the trial rank easier and faster.
And those who joined from in-game stay trial for a longer while and pass slightly harder.
My point was to make fair for players who join using and application and those who join from talking to the recruiter(s) in-game.

I also have another idea for the Trial rank players. But for now, lets resolve this issue first. Thanks for the opinion, I'll keep that in mind!
Originally Posted by TiMEWoRKER View Post
MrSofty, I've got a job for you. FIX OUR CLAN POINTS WHICH ARE STUCK

Thnx Mae.

And CAN'T mae, I'll talk about it with Sir soon!
You are over complicating everything. Keep it simple. I hope you will war us on our way to rank 1
<Diamond> I gotta say I think you're wonderful, stay that way. Or be more wonderful if you wish.
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
You are over complicating everything. Keep it simple. I hope you will war us on our way to rank 1

What if I told you
We like things to be over complicated
And about the war sure. visit one of our ingame servers, we are usually up for war. ( After our stuck score gets fixed )
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.

Thanks Mafia, at least someone acknowledged my introduction. ;-;

1. Make better ranks.
i'm added to Knight.

Personally, I agree with Mafia (although since I'm just a Trial, I don't know if that matters or not...). Although people who went to the effort of making a good app should pass the trial process more easily, having them completely skip the trial rank is a bit counter-intuitive.

However, one thing I don't understand is what the differences between trial members and members who have passed the trial rank actually are. If I've missed something obvious, then feel free to educate me, but to me trials seem the same as members. Although trial members are technically being trialled, what is it that a trial member could do to "fail" this trial that would not get a normal member kicked from the clan. If a normal member goes inactive without an explanation, they would probably get kicked in the same way that if a trial is inactive they would get kicked, or if a normal member is toxic they would probably be kicked in the same manner as a trial. There don't seem to be any real benefits to being a member over being a trial, other than that you can say that you're a fully-fledged member, which has little meaning since that being a fully-fledged member doesn't seem to grant you any priviliges that are not available to trials.

What I'm saying is, is there actually any point to the trial member rank at all? If the trial rank were to be removed completely would there be any real impact? I'm not suggesting that you remove the trial rank or anything like that, but simply just providing some food for thought.

Also, about potential new ranks, I have a few suggestions you to consider:
1. Perhaps adding ranks which represent the roles that members play in the clan, for example an artist rank, a replay maker rank etc.
2. If someone donates a certain amount to the clan bank or maybe is first on the clan war leaderboard, they get a custom rank. The only issue with this is that some people would probably think that it's pointless, because how many people would actually see their rank and think "Huh that's cool."
3. Simply give new privileges to people with higher ranks. I'm not quite sure what these privileges would be, but someone else could probably think of something, right?

I'm sorry this post is so long. x)

AHHHHHH IT BURNS
Originally Posted by DarkEmber
However, one thing I don't understand is what the differences between trial members and members who have passed the trial rank actually are. If I've missed something obvious, then feel free to educate me, but to me trials seem the same as members.

Well, there should be an obvious difference between Trial and non-trial members. We keep strict activity checks on trial members, well, not "very" strict since the lack of interest in recruiters but trial members are kicked in an interval of 1 week if they do not participate in any war, post on the clan thread or are barely active in-game (If they tell us they're gonna be inactive, then that's another case).Normal members are kicked after 3 weeks of inactivity in any of those described circumstances above, when they don't tell us they're going to be inactive for a certain time.

Although trial members are technically being trialled, what is it that a trial member could do to "fail" this trial that would not get a normal member kicked from the clan.

If a trial member fails, stays inactive for 3-5 days or long, we first give them a warning in-case they're not aware of the clan rules. After 2 days of that warning if we don't receive any activity notice from them, we kick them.

If a normal member goes inactive without an explanation, they would probably get kicked in the same way that if a trial is inactive they would get kicked, or if a normal member is toxic they would probably be kicked in the same manner as a trial. There don't seem to be any real benefits to being a member over being a trial, other than that you can say that you're a fully-fledged member, which has little meaning since that being a fully-fledged member doesn't seem to grant you any priviliges that are not available to trials.

Well no, we can't treat normal members as trials. The fact that they had participated in wars, posted on the clan thread and were inactive in-game, if we kick them just for the sake of inactivity for 1 week, that would be anti-climactic and harsh.
In case the normal member is toxic, its against the clan rules. Their toxicity will result in a warning and will be kicked after.
Well, one privilege normal members can have is that they can become a co-leader, war-leader or recruiter based on their skills and behavior if they are interested. Another is that if they give any suggestion or idea for the clan, on the clan thread or skype group, it matters equally as a Co-leader's or Leader's.

What I'm saying is, is there actually any point to the trial member rank at all? If the trial rank were to be removed completely would there be any real impact? I'm not suggesting that you remove the trial rank or anything like that, but simply just providing some food for thought.

Trial rank is supposed to be for players that are not really interested in clans or Toribash as whole. Players who join a clan and then go inactive, if they are considered as normal members, our clan members list will be full of inactive players who we can't kick either because of 3 weeks inactivity rule for normal members.

Also, about potential new ranks, I have a few suggestions you to consider:
1. Perhaps adding ranks which represent the roles that members play in the clan, for example an artist rank, a replay maker rank etc.
2. If someone donates a certain amount to the clan bank or maybe is first on the clan war leaderboard, they get a custom rank. The only issue with this is that some people would probably think that it's pointless, because how many people would actually see their rank and think "Huh that's cool."
3. Simply give new privileges to people with higher ranks. I'm not quite sure what these privileges would be, but someone else could probably think of something, right?

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll discuss about it in le clan serious chat group.

'm sorry this post is so long. x)

Believe me or not, I LOVE Big Walls o' text.
Last edited by MrSofty; Jun 11, 2017 at 09:55 PM.