Toribash
Original Post
The Rise and Fall of Toribash
I know this topic has been a long debate, but I figured I'd put my own twist on it.

I joined TB a really long time ago, here's my old profile . vvv
http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?u=2599577

I'm pretty sure I found it on YouTube when it was all the rage, and all the big names were playing it, with Markiplier probably being the biggest. There were also the YouTubers who had a series of these Toribash LPs going, such as NerdCubed and ZeRoyalViking.

So... what happened?

Toribash was always an on and off game for me, I'd get really into playing it for a few months only to get bored of it and stop playing, and this would go on and on until it really became obsolete.
When I originally came back in late 2017/ early 2018 to see how it was doing, I was a little surprised to find that Toribash was a lot less active than just a few years prior. Fewer people were on Toribash, the forum was a lote more quiet than what I remembered, and overall just a lot more different than it used to be.
I want to say that YouTube was one of the few reasons Toribash gained its popularity, but now that those YouTubers don't make Toribash videos anymore, Toribash lost some of it's players who likely made an account just because the YouTuber they liked played.
And in my subjective opinion, too many changes have been made since I first joined. One of the most prominent ones I can think of is when the GMs became the ES. I'm pretty sure that change was made for a reason, but I never really understood why they did it.

This post is probably a mess, but I think it covers why I along with others lost interest in TB. What do you think?
:)