Ranking
Original Post
Hmm, anyone know what's up with my computer?
Ok so since christmas, i've gotten a new gaming computer. It runs games like a BEAST, but I always seem to run into a problem when running higher quality games, like Europa Universalis IV or Team Fortress 2, but Toribash runs fine even at Maximum quality. This picture explains it

Warning, huge picture

Basically the screen is getting scrambled for no apparent reason.

Specs : AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7 (has integrated graphics),
12 Compute cores 4C+8G 3.90 GHz
8.00 GB ram, 1 GB dedicated video memory (i went into bios and increased it to 2 gb, but then i put it back to 1 gb)
Windows 10, Education

Any help?

I've tried checking for driver updates, but they're already updated to the newest version, and i'm afraid i'll jack something up if i do a clean driver install
This is my assumption but i think you should get a proper graphic card...
I don,t believe integrated can do anything. Especially not meant for gaming...

I believe that those games does not support that integrated graphics.

If i remember right last time i had integrated graphics it was in a laptop over ten years ago...

If that pc was a ready package it seems to be meant for use on schools or to do some paperwork.

Not for gaming.

And this because no graphic card and windows 10 Education.
Last edited by Zapekk; Jan 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM.

fuck
Yeah basically what Zapekk said. It's most likely a problem due to your APU not being powerful enough to render those specific games and/or those specific games do not support Intergrated Graphics. Are you looking for any advice on which GPU to get?(<==Hey Kyure that was slightly Off-Topic but I don't think it was Off-Topic to the extent of it being punishable.). P.S. Nice Signature ;) Oh and don't worry if your short on money because some of the older Graphics Cards are relatively cheap and good enough for now for what you'll be using it for ;) There are still some GTX 650's for sale for like 20$ and not too long ago they were pretty good so maybe look into that
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Awwww... Try to ask your father to buy a new proper APU, and the buy AMD Fury. That would be awesome!
Send me a Private Message If You Have KIK !
First of all, to everyone in this thread, please refrain from saying things that are clearly incorrect like "I believe that those games does not support that integrated graphics". Basically every game supports APUs and iGPUs.

Anyways, you can't really run anything using your system, since it is too weak. I would suggest investing in a dedicated GPU, like a 270 or 750ti. If you need help picking one out, feel free to ask.
AMD A10-7870K is fine for those games, you should be having no problems. You certainly shouldn't be having artifacts like that. I would ignore anyone telling you to throw money at the problem... Here is a video of your APU running TF2 maxed out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVnKPTC1CXM Your hardware is perfectly fine for these games.

If you've reinstalled drivers, then check error logs and google the specific problems. It sounds like it might be component failure, but check to make sure all your connections are plugged in well, and maybe try change cables (such things can cause artifacts above). Try change resolution and frequency settings, try a different monitor.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff