Toribash
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - chac
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with chac

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
The real question is: Fight or fuck?

2. How did you get into Toribash?
Well, 4 years ago I found the game on Fun Motion, i played it for maybe 12 seconds before deciding it sucked. a year later mapleleaf got me into it again and the rest is history

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
Why would we? I actually like the minimalist style in Toribash, but I guess they could make it optional in the future.
I just don't really see the use

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
Well, there are so many ways promotions are handled that it'll take a while to get indepth in. It's usually a very fair deal, even if you're disliked by some you get promoted anyway depending on how qualified you are. There are also the occasional freak promotions that happen when everyone disagrees but this one guy thinks he'll do a good job

and then there's veb who can promote whoever he want and make him stay, too.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
no.

6. How do you shoot web?
Shooting web is a philosophical journey to the inner being, and can only be accomplished if you are willing to sacrifice everything for a higher state of mind

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
Well, i don't do anything special as a moderator, but i guess you can say i have my own style of moderating
but yeah probably not

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
hampa is built like a brick shithouse, but veb is a knifefighting expert

none of that matters when hampa accidentally steps on veb and kills him, though.

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
toribash will end & the community will degrade into one giant orgy in a last attempt to free themselves of the shackles of virginity

10. How old is RedDevil?
28 years old

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
veb & jok were banning eachother and in the tornado of power abuse & webpage haxor i found myself admin for a few hours. though i couldn't use it because veb changed the main page to a pic of goatse, and jok rained fire & brimstone

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
because i shit in his car's a/c unit

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
i just like the privilege of banning anyone i want whenever i want

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
no.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
Everyone has their own views of how things should be handled in the community, and usually their solutions are well thought-through, which makes it a pretty tough pick & it takes long discussion about what we do next. everyone in the toribash staff team is a unique person & that is why i think the staff consists of extremely capable & interesting individuals.
Last edited by SlainVeteran; Jul 14, 2010 at 12:58 AM.
I has a flavour
Ahh goatse, how you've haunted my teenage life.
Last edited by Chac; Jul 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM.
:D
Last edited by Chac; 16 Minutes Ago at 08:41 PM..

Last edited by AHD; Jul 13, 2010 at 11:08 PM.
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
Originally Posted by SlainVeteran View Post
6. How do you shoot web?
Shooting web is a philosophical journey to the inner being, and can only be accomplished if you are willing to sacrifice everything for a higher state of mind

Could you be any more muslim
Easily one of the most hilarious people around here.

<3 Chac
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
veb & jok were banning eachother and in the tornado of power abuse & webpage haxor i found myself admin for a few hours. though i couldn't use it because veb changed the main page to a pic of goatse, and jok rained fire & brimston

huehueheuhehu
[18:04:54] <aracoon> Eureka is a powerhungry fag
[13:13] <Eureka> also dota is kinda for pigfuckers
[13:13] <jalis> ban eureka
[13:13] <jalis> thanks
:o

How did chac know?
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Yay someone who got my age right

Oh right you're still trying to convince us you aren't 38.
:D