Toribash
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Don't jump in, flail around wildly, and then wonder why you get trolled/kicked/banned/trolled.

i just pictured you jumping into the middle of a group of people with your arms flailing about n shiz. pretty ammusing.

also, #Toribash is very clicky, difficult to get into.
people have predertimined oppinions about everyone. and if they dont, they assume the worst.
so making a good impression is pretty much impossible.

advice: dont be stupid, dont talk, just wait.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
IRC. Mountain that I can't climb without Google Translator open in the background. When u are bad in English IRC can be double inapproachable. I'll rather hide behind this non-real-time talking. Here I can think more before I write, on IRC its just: G-g-g-g-g.... :}
Originally Posted by chumpy View Post
I see #toribash as a way for the community to converse without the rules of the forums constricting any discussion. There are other channels if people need help and clans can have a place to talk without the delay of PMing on and off. Sure there is trolling but there will most likely be a reason for the trolling. Hanz0's idea is the best lurk and learn before you jump in. You shouldn't take everything from #toribash seriously, its the internet if people are deterred from a game by trolling then they really shouldn't be here in the first place.

/2cents

Oh my god, what have you been hiding?

Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Webchat is killing the elite club that has been IRC.
It also provides us with troll fodder though, which can be fun.

IRC is the main hub of the real community though, and the trolling is like a trial by fire. You weed out the losers, and forge the rest into cool, respectable people.

Totally agree, and I don't see anything wrong with it really, #toribash is not #support and when new members go in there expecting help from people who are just trying to hang out they get burned.

There is nothing you can do about how things are done in IRC.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Fun things happen in IRC, I like it there. Also there is a lot of talk about computers and scripting and stuff. I've been in #toribash for like 2 years. You really need to take some time to fit in, I really don't fit in still, probably because of my former immaturity, now that I type with full words, proper grammar etc. people started respecting me more it seems, or just don't make fun of me as much :P

/me remembers back when jarmund had a bot to track how many words/letters/chatlines someone had..

Anyways, I'm jesus.
One of the greatest things ever to happen on the internet in my opinion is toribash irc.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Toribash irc is prettymuch the endgame of toribash, a large section don't play tb that much anymore but are still involved with the community. Honestly the best way to get integrated with irc is to lurk a lot. Easy pitfall to avoid though: don't talk about toribash
<FeD> i will allow my ass being raped
Originally Posted by srrwb View Post
Toribash irc is prettymuch the endgame of toribash, a large section don't play tb that much anymore but are still involved with the community. Honestly the best way to get integrated with irc is to lurk a lot. Easy pitfall to avoid though: don't talk about toribash

I use #ormo to talk about toribash.

Such a nice channel.
Leader of ORMO||Property of [T]||A replay thread
Originally Posted by H4rl3quin View Post
banned form irc again =(

I know how you feel man.