Ranking
Original Post
Suggestions for 4.3 - e-sports release
Hi,

I'm working on the new 4.3 version, the release is focused on features that make tournaments, duels and spectating more exciting, easier to use.

Currently I have on my todo:
- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)
- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)
- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)
- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

+ the usual bug fixes and tweaks.

If you have any other competitive features, please post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Nov 7, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
Love the idea for decaps and such, do you think it would be compatable with intel drivers in 4.3?

ComeAtMeh.
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
Awesome ideas! Just a few questions...

- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)

Are you planning on allowing a quick command to use a specific opener? Or is it just stats that show a replay or shot of the opener that you can view? Or neither of these? The quick opener command would be a rather nice feature. (For those lazy people who don't want to constantly click each match)

- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)

This will be a very handy feature for people to use. I'm very interested in how you will implement this. I assume this will also include fractures?

EDIT: Will this be for player use? spectator use? or both?

- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)

The pause feature seems very useful but I see a few issues with it. For example, I think a lot of people would pause a match they are about to lose and just quit? (To keep the other person from winning?) Is there a safety feature for an action like this? Also, if one person pauses to take a poop or something the other person can just unpause it and continue with them absent? (In a case of both ops in a duel - or even just one I'd assume) I guess it would really have to be thought through to keep scams at a minimum.

- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has a added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

If the /decapprize works out it would be really nice to see it extended into other joints as well. Such as arm dismemberments, splits, and legs. (Depending on how far you want to take that). I also would like to suggest an ingame add bounty command. If you can add decap prizes ingame why not be able to add bounties.

EDIT: Any why not extend that even more to say... /bounty hampa 1000 split

*You have placed a 1k bounty on hampa for a split*

Overall great ideas! I'm excited to see them implemented.

EDIT: Also, how about random prize tournaments? They would appear only once in a while (because you couldn't possibly run something like that 24/7) and instead of TC prizes would send an item prize from a bot inventory. It would contain a lot of cheap items that aren't really that expensive (orc, chronos, etc.) and also contain a few rare items. The point of this is to play the tournaments with hopes of getting lucky and getting a nice rare or expensive item.

I was thinking of having a graph over the joint stats, so you see how close it was to fracture/dm over time, the last turn or so. This would be a feature for spectators and players if the ALT + mouse over.

The bodies would have an indicator of how much damage they took. So spectators can get a feel for how to damange system works more closely.

I have a lua info string for the openers, that could be used to do extend the openers.
Originally Posted by hampa View Post
The bodies would have an indicator of how much damage they took. So spectators can get a feel for how to damange system works more closely.

Could this ever become a prequel to a Mortal Combat style fighter. Think like once a player takes 100k damage he is K.O'd and the other guy wins?
the god
I know this doesn't follow the thread really but could you add bloodstaining to the toris please please pleeasssee?

It would be neat if you could see how much money was being wagered on the player under their name as he/she was fighting when you are speccing if a bounty is placed

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
I think giving the white, yellow, orange, and green belts a better chance of winning by adding a higher resistance of getting dismembered or fractured. What I mean by this is that the lower belts will have to be hit harder and receive more damage than the higher belts so they have a more fighting chance.
In Layman's terms: give a custom (higher) DM and fracture threshold to the lower belts.

Pro: Lower belts will not feel so intimidated by getting smashed by a higher belt, and so come back to the game and play more.
Con: Misuse by some alternate accounts of higher belts.

Thanks.
You should start polls on what people want like on the main page but make shure the voters have to be either blue or brown belt so people dont cheat. What i mean by polls are like voteing just for an example market items like hair,colors or multiplayer mods or functions and Ect.
How about being able to resize the window without having to switch resolutions in the options, like dragging the lower right corner? Is that in any way doable?

Also temporary deformation of the bodyparts (jelly-like) when hit with a lot of force. This would make the ragdolls seem less... steel-y, more alive. Then again, that might not have been your intention in the first place.

Also a live texture preview. Like when you move files called "head.tga" or something in a specific folder and enter a specific ingame mode, the texture gets instantly previewed on a naked tori.
Last edited by Shockwave; Nov 5, 2012 at 07:22 AM.
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
Seriously for the people that want it 4player back...
"Orgasmis Maximus *Thud* *Crack* *Boom* I'm Done"
~DemonBurn~
Tournament bracket would be neat and easy to do.You just press on it when you need to see the bracket.Another feature would be that if a player pings then when he reconnects...he is directly put back into his place making it easier for gms to handle stuff.
Your messed up world enthrills me