Ranking
Original Post
Activity check and Legendary clans news
Good morning to all of you,

Today's news have been in discussion for quite a while among the clan staff team, and today they can finally be announced to the public.

What exactly is the news?

We have 2 major news points.

Thank you all for reading, if you have any questions or objections feel free to point them out in this thread, cheers.
Last edited by duck; Jul 22, 2018 at 08:20 PM.
h
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
There was another major point. Inactive ranks. The bot not taking inactive ranks into accounts means that some clans (primarily older clans, as it turns out) need to have more active people than others to stay official. That shouldn't be the case.

There's an easy fix to this which doesn't involve editing the automated program. All we need to do is take the clan that passed the activity check with the lowest amount of people playing and cross-reference that against all the other failing clans - If a clan fails and has the same or more people active than previously mentioned successful clan, auto-pass that failing clan.

Put simply, if a clan manages to pass with 6 people playing (by virtue of their small roster), then ANY clan that has 6 or more people playing should pass as well.

This honestly doesn't sound all too reasonable. A clan's activity should be measured against it's size, a 50 player clan ought to have more active players than a 10 player clan.
Even then, it's not a great discrepancy between the two clans, for example Parrot is sitting at 20 points for in-game activity with not even a third of it's players active.
h
include modmaking into SP activity along with replays

ideally it'd be possible to account for clan mates activity around the rest of the forums as well, and change the whole point scheme to more fairly accommodate all types of clans, instead of shoehorning clans into an MP ingame active type
I believe that clans are just there not really improvements to them. This is just silly. Are we trying to make Toribash come back or kill it because it seems your not trying. Thats just my opinion and the events are boring too. Events just boring, point is that if any of the old people or new people wanna come back or try Toribash. Its gonna get dull real quick, we need new stuff and a lot of new stuff. And i honestly think we need new staff and fresh legs to get it happening.

#Duckisgood

We need new ideas and everything, i suggest we really considering a whole new outlook on the fall of toribash and make it rise once more.
The Emperor Decrees
I'm happy to see you and the clan squad taking a step in the right direction, duck. I haven't really said much on this, since you've already received so much distaste on this topic already. The active checks have been tough and I've been forced to drop some of my older inactive members due to your new system. This is exactly what I was hoping to avoid, but the new system left me no choice.

With the clan rewards, it's a step in the right direction. I'm sure there's a way to track sp activity, perhaps by using the client to keep track of steam hours logged. Not sure about standalone though. I'm sure my clan and many others would enjoy having this as a feature.
hi i'm karbn and i eat ass; love the market overlord
I like the turn things are taking right now, glad clan mods are taking the critique, although it took way too long for this kind of communication

props to you but to contribute to the discussion, let me bring up an issue
If you push for people to post more SP replays in the replay board, don't you think that'll affect the CNC?
It'll basically be inflation with more replays, of lesser quality
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 14, 2018 at 04:39 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
so what youre saying is that if we want to keep our clan we have to get rid of our old beloved friends who are literally the only reason we still hold on to this game

dum
8===D
Originally Posted by duck View Post
This honestly doesn't sound all too reasonable. A clan's activity should be measured against it's size, a 50 player clan ought to have more active players than a 10 player clan.

Why?

The purpose of the activity check is to make sure that official clans are active. If 6 people playing ingame qualifies a clan to be active what sense does it make that another larger and older clan who has 6 ingame active people fails that same test?

They are both producing the same amount of activity. Purely because the new system doesn't take into account inactive ranks, one clan now fails while the other passes. How is that more reasonable than my suggestion, which brings back a safeguard we had in the manual checks?

ALTERNATIVELY... You could always relent to the masses and award more points for forum activity. This ham-handed attempt at forcing clans ingame is really pissing people off.
Last edited by Ele; Oct 14, 2018 at 05:00 PM.
Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
I like the turn things are taking right now, glad clan mods are taking the critique, although it took way too long for this kind of communication

props to you but to contribute to the discussion, let me bring up an issue
If you push for people to post more SP replays in the replay board, don't you think that'll affect the CNC?
It'll basically be inflation with more replays, of lesser quality

I'm honestly not looking for massive activity in regards to replays, just some. It's not the best solution by a longshot but that's what we have for now, we'll do our best to figure out a way to incorporate it the most effective way.

Originally Posted by fallu View Post
so what youre saying is that if we want to keep our clan we have to get rid of our old beloved friends who are literally the only reason we still hold on to this game

dum

No, you don't. Taking a look specifically at Parrot, if all the people who have played at least 1 game this month played 5, plus if you played a few wars, you'd be sitting on green. You're also still able to get a few more points from forum activity.

Why?

The purpose of the activity check is to make sure that official clans are active. If 6 people playing ingame qualifies a clan to be active what sense does it make that another larger and older clan who has 6 ingame active people fails that same test?

They are both producing the same amount of activity. Purely because the new system doesn't take into account inactive ranks, one clan now fails while the other passes. How is that more reasonable than my suggestion, which brings back a safeguard we had in the manual checks?

ALTERNATIVELY... You could always relent to the masses and award more points for forum activity. This ham-handed attempt at forcing clans ingame is really pissing people off.

The purpose of the activity check is to impose a standard on clans in regards to activity. As it has been for a long time and will continue to be because we honestly see it as best, a certain percentage of your clan should be active to be considered active. If you have a team of 10 developers in which 7 of them are actively pushing out work, you have an active team. But if you have a team of 60 and only 7 of them are working, your team is not active. I'd say that's pretty simple and reasonable, but feel free to disagree.

Clans have a chance to get 30 points for forum activity, which is more than halfway towards activity. We've caved in and let clans that are forum heavy get almost all the way to the top. Not only that, but we are now rewarding activity.
h
There was another major point. Inactive ranks...

I'm amazed that people still bring this up. Have any of you read the OP?
"If 50% of your members are active (5+ games per month), you will get full points" - this line means that you're essentially allowed to keep half of your clan members completely inactive and still receive max points for activity. Yeah, that's your "inactive rank" with the exception that we don't force you to strictly moderate your roster.

With the way it's done now clans are saved from fiddling around with members' ranks every time some of them go inactive or return from inactivity and just allow half of clan members to be inactive no matter what. Instead, what you're asking for is to be able to explicitly list people who you think are inactive and only exclude them from the check while treating everyone else as active? How is that better? There would still be limitations on how many members you can have assigned to "inactive" rank (which would still be these 50% of total member count), and then we'd also have to only give full activity points if all other clan members are active (because you already defined which players of your clan are inactive, right? everyone else must be active in that case). What's the change then? To me it sounds like more manual (and useless) labor for clan leads with no actual difference.
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I'm honestly not looking for massive activity in regards to replays, just some. It's not the best solution by a longshot but that's what we have for now, we'll do our best to figure out a way to incorporate it the most effective way.

No, you don't. Taking a look specifically at Parrot, if all the people who have played at least 1 game this month played 5, plus if you played a few wars, you'd be sitting on green. You're also still able to get a few more points from forum activity.

The purpose of the activity check is to impose a standard on clans in regards to activity. As it has been for a long time and will continue to be because we honestly see it as best, a certain percentage of your clan should be active to be considered active. If you have a team of 10 developers in which 7 of them are actively pushing out work, you have an active team. But if you have a team of 60 and only 7 of them are working, your team is not active. I'd say that's pretty simple and reasonable, but feel free to disagree.

Clans have a chance to get 30 points for forum activity, which is more than halfway towards activity. We've caved in and let clans that are forum heavy get almost all the way to the top. Not only that, but we are now rewarding activity.

As for the activity in replays, you have to understand the game has evolved a lot since the time Aikido or Wushu was invented, I myself love to see the game develop as far as it has with sparring, MAS, and the replay aspect which is a great sub category.
Don't shut down a developing process.

I completely agree with the activity with Parrot as an example, eVo having 56 members we have a lot to keep up on but when a few members are down taking care of real personal issues as a clan we must pull together to fill in those brethren who are taking care of themselves so we can enjoy there company once more. Teamwork my dudes.

I think this last subject falls under what I stated above.

Other then that it is great to see the clan squad actually work to bring the community something new and to work towards, I look forward to see how this all plays out though in my opinion there are a few detailed small moves that you guys could have done to not only boost and help activity of clans, but the whole clan community is a very large part of the games community its self.

Side note: I did notice with all the new updates and what not that you are bringing to the community I did not notice much change or adjustment to the whole structure.
You flash all this new add-ons or additions but you have failed to mention any such change in most of what has been implanted already.

If I recall correctly the community is not very keen on the changes and I would understand that may be blinded by something shiny and new but in just about everything I read, I saw nothing about the squad changing or boosting anything that has already been put in place.

You may be able to fool the newheads, but all I see is masking something that resulted in failure and still trying to keep it going.

Regardless, it's nice to see at least some kind of a move on the squads part, the clans are a very big deal in this community and should never be taken lightly.

Last edited by Tripstone; Oct 14, 2018 at 09:04 PM.