Ranking
There is a reason why you would get sunfire over randuin's in the jungle, and it's based on enemy teamcomp. Randuin's is designed to either supplement initiation with an aoe slow, or cripple aa based champions when you dive them. If cc is not lacking, and the enemy doesn't have an aa dependant carry, or that carry has already been starved, sunfire can be optimal. The extra damage is always nice, particularly in the mid game, and it still aids with clear time. Combined with a lower cost, and it can be a great substitute in the right circumstance.

Typically this fits amummu more than any other jungle, but it can be the right choice in certain niches.

Also, played with the first purchased account I've ever seen. He has 60 cs and is 1/6/3 by 30 minutes as mid despite me camping it, and afks after he fails at stealing my jungle with fizz ults. Turns out he's in diamond with ranked stats that don't match up at all with his recent game stats. Like 200 less farm in equal length games and significantly worse kda on the exact same champ played in ranked. If you're shit, you're shit, regardless of what rank you paid for.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
There is a reason why you would get sunfire over randuin's in the jungle, and it's based on enemy teamcomp. Randuin's is designed to either supplement initiation with an aoe slow, or cripple aa based champions when you dive them. If cc is not lacking, and the enemy doesn't have an aa dependant carry, or that carry has already been starved, sunfire can be optimal. The extra damage is always nice, particularly in the mid game, and it still aids with clear time. Combined with a lower cost, and it can be a great substitute in the right circumstance.

Typically this fits amummu more than any other jungle, but it can be the right choice in certain niches.

Also, played with the first purchased account I've ever seen. He has 60 cs and is 1/6/3 by 30 minutes as mid despite me camping it, and afks after he fails at stealing my jungle with fizz ults. Turns out he's in diamond with ranked stats that don't match up at all with his recent game stats. Like 200 less farm in equal length games and significantly worse kda on the exact same champ played in ranked. If you're shit, you're shit, regardless of what rank you paid for.

I want to just like listen to you for hours. Trying to get better and better at last hits and I seem to be improving.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As a former jungle main, I hate FF jungle changes. It made champions I enjoyed playing instantly drop a tier or two.

As a league player, the heal/exhaust changes completely killed the game for me and pushed me out the door to Dota.
Last edited by Hyde; May 6, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
As a former jungle main, I hate FF jungle changes. It made champions I enjoyed playing instantly drop a tier or two.

As a league player, the heal/exhaust changes completely killed the game for me and pushed me out the door to Dota.

That's entirely idiotic. The most recent patch in a dynamic game that rebalances all the time makes a few summoner spells more useful than another and you're going to jump ship?

Play DotA 2 if you like the gameplay, the mechanics, or the pro-scene of it. Play DotA 2 if you enjoy the more microintensive laning phases and denials of creeps. Play DotA 2 if you are a bigger fan of the traditional MOBA style meta game that's less conducive to comebacks and more conducive to dominating an opponent.

Don't play DotA 2 because you disagree with a patch. Or you'll jump shit from DotA 2 in a few months when you find out you're not amazing at that game either and you get pissy because Pudge got buffed and now you think he's OP.

Oh well! Enjoy DotA. It was the first game I ever loved to play competitively, I think... 8 years ago? Weird to think I was so young. It's fun! Have a good one
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Terrible balancing decisions can and do kill the game for people. I enjoyed playing a select few champions who have been brutally murdered by riot, as well as the ridiculous server problems and problems with my ISP which have yet to be resolved.

It may be a dynamic game that changes a lot, but they literally destroyed everything that kept me playing the game. It started with the Rengar rework and I feel that the game is completely moving away from what I enjoy playing. I just don't have fun playing league anymore. The pro scene is still fun to watch but I feel it's gotten progressively worse as a game from the time I started playing.
Last edited by Hyde; May 7, 2014 at 02:08 AM.
Hoss.
After a BIG confusion in champ select... Lux ADC.

Sort of...good?

I actually like the rengar rework :s roaming rengar was always more fun than lane bully rengar, solely because kitty pounces have to give nightmares to every lane. I think I spend about half my time ganking other lanes as top rengar, the other half just pushing out top with battle meow. Ult comes up by then, so it's off to pay mid or bot a visit with aggressive cuddle ganks. They really should make a kitty cat rengar skin :3

But if league isn't fun anymore, then there's nothing really I can tell you other than best of luck with dota. I still hate valve for not putting techies in that game <.<
I actually like the rengar rework :s roaming rengar was always more fun than lane bully rengar, solely because kitty pounces have to give nightmares to every lane. I think I spend about half my time ganking other lanes as top rengar, the other half just pushing out top with battle meow. Ult comes up by then, so it's off to pay mid or bot a visit with aggressive cuddle ganks. They really should make a kitty cat rengar skin :3

But if league isn't fun anymore, then there's nothing really I can tell you other than best of luck with dota. I still hate valve for not putting techies in that game <.<

New Rengar actually needs follow-up though. It's much harder to carry with him, if it wasn't already before. I still occasionally play league and will continue to play incase Morello has a stroke.... of brilliance and decides to make decent balancing decisions
Hoss.
Rengar's base damages are more than adequate so long as you aren't maxing q. Scales too poorly to be worth it. Constant ganks and good waveclear should let rengar do a jax-like build of botrk and trinity for better ganks and good burst plus sustained damage, or a tankier randuins with ghostblade for a better lockdown at expense of some sustain and damage. Or the master of troll builds of ie and sotdivine for an ult into sotd, empowered q, q, w, aa for shits and giggles.

Either way, he's still item dependant, but he creates map pressure like if tf and eve had a cat baby. Throw tele on him, and you can gank mid every minute-ish and bot every 3 minutes-ish because of his ult having 120 or so cd at level 1, so like 100 something cd with 5-15% cdr (masteries + items). If his jungle clear was just a little more safe and faster at early levels, I would argue he could be a top tier jungle solely because of his ult and e giving him scary ganks.
Rengar's base damages are more than adequate so long as you aren't maxing q. Scales too poorly to be worth it. Constant ganks and good waveclear should let rengar do a jax-like build of botrk and trinity for better ganks and good burst plus sustained damage, or a tankier randuins with ghostblade for a better lockdown at expense of some sustain and damage. Or the master of troll builds of ie and sotdivine for an ult into sotd, empowered q, q, w, aa for shits and giggles.

Either way, he's still item dependant, but he creates map pressure like if tf and eve had a cat baby. Throw tele on him, and you can gank mid every minute-ish and bot every 3 minutes-ish because of his ult having 120 or so cd at level 1, so like 100 something cd with 5-15% cdr (masteries + items). If his jungle clear was just a little more safe and faster at early levels, I would argue he could be a top tier jungle solely because of his ult and e giving him scary ganks.

His new kit feels ridiculously clunky too, I just don't like it. I don't care whether or not he's still viable. I don't care if his win rate suddenly skyrockets to 80%, Riot killed my favorite champion :|
Hoss.