Ranking
Original Post
[REL]Scenario Sparring
Pics Below

Introduction

This will be a series of sparring mods, placing "Tori" in different scenarios where he must defend himself against "Uke". Unlike other sparring mods, each mod will almost always have Tori at a disadvantage against Uke whether it may be slight (Uke has a weapon while Tori doesn't) or a major disadvantage (Tori placed in the path of a train while Uke is out of harm's way).

Each mod is designed specifically for online play, forcing the winner of each fight to use skills and strategy to maintain a streak since the playing field isn't always fair.

Scenarios

Prologue: "Bar Fight"

While drinking at the local bar, you are confronted by a stranger wielding a knife in his left hand. Defend yourself using makeshift weapons and intelligence against your attacker.

Hint: That liquor bottle on the counter may seem out of reach but may be the only available weapon on your side of the room.

Prologue Part 2: "After Party"

You manage to fight off the man but he tackles you out of the bar as you attempt to escape. Both of you roll across the sidewalk and on the road. Finish off your attacker while dodging vehicles yourself as traffic speeds by on both sides of the road.

Beware the last bus to pass by you. He is the only driver willing to attempt to swerve out of the way. (That might actually be a bad thing)

Hint: Maybe you can reach that electrical wire above if you can jump high enough.

Scenario 1: "Alleyway Fight"

Months after the previous incident, you return to the same bar. After a night of drinking, you realize someone is following you on your way home. Though you try to run, you reach a dead end in the alley as your attacker pulls out a baseball bat and blocks the way with a dumpster. Defend yourself with various surrounding objects.

Hint: That lead pipe between the trash cans could be a lifesaver at times like these.

Scenario 1 Part 2: "Road Rage"

You manage to fight off the attacker and make it to your car. It seems that you got away but unfortunately, he won't give up as he stands in the middle of the road. Through panic, you drop your pipe under your feet, jamming the accelerator. Defeat your attacker and survive as both of you speed along the road towards a dead end.

Beware the pavement of the road. Staying on there too long without making it to the sidewalk means death.

Hint: Although it may seem safer inside the car, there is more chance of injury as you attempt to escape the moving vehicle while your attacker may be able to slide under with minimal injury.

Scenario 2: "A Walk in the Park"

After the previous encounter, your car was totalled but you're happy to be alive. You decide to celebrate by taking a walk in your local part but meet a mysterious man during your trek. The man brandishes his machete and tells you that all your previous fights were a test for an underground fighting league. Defeat the man to prove your worth for the league.

Hint: The machete's reach may not matter if you can use height to your advantage AKA that overhanging branch which is placed closer to you.

Scenario 3: "On the Grind"

Luckily, you survive your fight in the park and given your first fight in an abandoned warehouse. You arrive and see that your opponent is wielding a pipe (but that shouldn't be a problem). You think this will go well until a grinder is activated behind your position. Defeat your opponent and avoid certain death by the grinder.

Hint: OH SHI-! A GRINDER! I would personally ditch the catwalk altogether for this one.

Scenario 4: "A Surprise Visit"

You won your fight as well as some money from your battle. As you sleep in your apartment after recovering from your fight, you hear a loud knock on the door. You see that it is your previous opponent with a baseball bat, looking for revenge. Defend yourself from your unexpected attacker.

Hint: Your door is ultra flimsy and your attacker must bash it in to reach you. Turn the tables and bash it in his face, giving you time to reach your recently sharpened katana on your bookcase.

Scenario 5: "To Run or Not to Run"

After fighting for a short time, you escape through your window, thinking that you're free. Unluckily, a friend of your attacker is waiting with his knife on the rooftops. Will you fight him head-on or will you do a little "freerunning" to reach the passing train.

Hint: You should decide what you're going to do early on. That train isn't going to wait all day. :P

Scenario 6: "End of Line"

You reach the train safely as you hop off the roof of the train but an undercover cop sees you. With nowhere to run as he pulls out his prototype electrical baton, Fight him off as you dodge incoming trains on both sides of the track.

Hint: They say that anger makes people make mistakes. Test this theory by hitting the cop with the rock in your hand. If you're lucky, he should be forced to cross the train tracks at one point or another.

Scenario 7: Vengeance In More Ways Than One

With no place to go and on the run from the cops, you visit your old master's dojo, only to find out that he has been murdered by an intruder. He states that he is the fight league's right hand man who is looking for you. Luckily he believes in a fair fight as he hands you a kendo stick for this battle. Defeat him to avenge your master's life.

Hint: WTF!?! A fair fight? when you have been at a disadvantage thus far? Turn the tables for once, ditch the kendo stick and pick up your master's sacred katana in the corner, it will do the job indefinitely.

C&C appreciated
Attached Files
SSBar.tbm (3.2 KB, 196 views)
SSAfterP.tbm (3.1 KB, 160 views)
SSAlleyF.tbm (3.2 KB, 141 views)
SSRoadr.tbm (5.0 KB, 163 views)
SSPark.tbm (3.0 KB, 147 views)
SSWareH.tbm (3.4 KB, 132 views)
SSApartm.tbm (3.2 KB, 160 views)
SSChase.tbm (3.1 KB, 131 views)
SSTracks.tbm (3.1 KB, 120 views)
SSDojo.tbm (3.2 KB, 150 views)
Last edited by Smilies2; Jul 4, 2011 at 04:13 AM.
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

I like the stories. I love the mods even more. Good job and I hope you make more of these soon. I might make some sort of video out of this.
Because you proably have a blocker on so you cant download .

These mods are realy cool Smiles . The whole senario thing reminds me of when I made Bloodsport lol I was going to make somthing similar but you beat me to it hahahaha.
Good job though ! 9/10
Originally Posted by TRichard21 View Post
Because you proably have a blocker on so you cant download .

These mods are realy cool Smiles . The whole senario thing reminds me of when I made Bloodsport lol I was going to make somthing similar but you beat me to it hahahaha.
Good job though ! 9/10

There goes your Fight Club idea huh? ;)

Anyway these mods are great.
Fun to play, as well as having a nice backstory.
Originally Posted by supahninja View Post
There goes your Fight Club idea huh? ;)

Anyway these mods are great.
Fun to play, as well as having a nice backstory.

yeah they are great for vids and stuff.
I have a funny Idea, I'll try it out this week and post it here.
These are epic you know, gonna have to spread this
-----
If anybody fancies a multiplayer spar on one of these PM me and we'll arrange a time
Last edited by Iceage; Jul 1, 2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Released two new scenarios in the first post.

Decided that each scenario will follow three styles (either one or a combination) which will be: Fight (straight up sparring), Survival (may be a fight which has environmental hazards like cars or falling objects) and Chase (self explanatory: a combination of sparring and minor parkour to continue the fight).

Enjoy!
Pirate: smilies, your textures kick so much ass

<~ClockworkMonkey> sometimes, you don't try really hard and things just work out

Originally Posted by Smilies2 View Post
Released two new scenarios in the first post.

Decided that each scenario will follow three styles (either one or a combination) which will be: Fight (straight up sparring), Survival (may be a fight which has environmental hazards like cars or falling objects) and Chase (self explanatory: a combination of sparring and minor parkour to continue the fight).

Enjoy!

I like them. But shouldn't the wrecked car be near the park?
Oh Shiz!
That is a great Mod Pack!
I Have to be using this soon.
Nice Job.