Toribash
Original Post
Blue Belt needs help Runnning
I know how to keep myself in-line while running
but after the 4th step my body sorta drops and my legs flail
I've looked at soooo many running tuts and how to balance
but people need to start makin tuts on how to solve issues like this and the reasoning behind it.
this way we solve the problem and begin to understand a little bit more about the physics of Toribash.
Know what i mean?
P.S.
Don't forget to answer my question
Btw I'm not trying to criticize anybody.

Also I've seen sunnys tuts too and usin flips and such to get back on ur feet but i can only flip around and land on my hand or knee and such
Attached Files
Von RUN v2.rpl (19.3 KB, 8 views)
Von pro run.rpl (119.4 KB, 12 views)
Von Run Fail.rpl (27.5 KB, 5 views)
Von Run Fail 2.rpl (30.2 KB, 4 views)
Von Run Fail 3.rpl (27.5 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by VonTheWolf; Jul 30, 2010 at 04:58 AM.
Could you leave a replay of you running? I could help you out more if I knew what you were doing.

Balance is hard to explain because it's mostly discovered on your own, as you develop it with your own running style, but her eI go anyway.

The lumbar and chest are a huge variable in running. They can move your arms to balance yourself, as if an animal balancing itself with their tail. Try rotating the chest both ways when you are about to fall, then look at your glutes. Are they relaxed? Being held? Extended? Contracted? I'd suggest not to play too much with the glutes if you are just starting to learn the basics of running. Just hold you glutes for as much as you can and look at the other joints.

When your feet are going down to follow with the next step, make sure they aren't pointing at the ground. It will lift you too much, cause a balance problem, or make you jump.

Never keep your arms symmetrical with each other. This will easily tip you over. Try to focus one arm to the side, one arm partially in the middle, with the elbow sticking out a bit, and playing with the chest. Try rotating the chest with each other step you take, trying to balance yourself out.

But, as I said earlier, please leave a replay. It'll be much easier to explain if you show me what needs to be explained. ;)
Last edited by alert242; Jul 30, 2010 at 04:40 AM.
when I'm about to fall, I switch from running to doing Freerun style ( Flipping, spins, etc }

You can't get that far with the Normal run, try playing some Parkour and freerun mods, after you start to lose balance, try to keep going with some spins and such.
Thanks for the replays! I see now!

Your main problem is not contracting your abs(Do this from the very start!). They are one of the most important parts. don't feel bad though! You are doing quite well!

What I said about the ankles: In your case, you should use them to add a bounce in your step when you are starting to bend over a bit. Feel free to extend BOTH hips for 10 frames or so to steady yourself, and never mind the ghost! That's the problem I see most in less experienced runners.

Good luck!
I usually leave them. It's extremely hard to run with abs extended.

Try the abs contracted 100%! Tell me if you can go a bit further. If not, I'll do what I can to help.
okay, your biggest problem is that you are leaning to forward and arn't generating enough lift on your steps.
to fix this you are going to need to do a lot of replay editing
use the e commands and shift space commands constantly

try pointing your toes after a step to get more lift, also lower your shoulders like this:
Attached Files
von run3 edit.rpl (90.0 KB, 8 views)
Free Pv2Caribou