Toribash
Original Post
Day/Night Cycles for shaders. (Depending on How long you play)
Hi, this is a suggestion that i find that will be effective in the toribash world to have a Realistic Feeling of Day/Night Cycled shaders. you might say that it might not do anything at all, but it would be pretty cool.
I spelt narwhal wrong. DEAL WITH IT!
Ummmmm... Unsure how that'd work since a lot of the shaders aren't made with the idea of day or night.

Though it would be pretty cool to have them cycle. Possibly a script jobbie? Though I get the feeling it lacks the hooks for it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
This sounds really cool. It would look good in videos. It's possible to do with video editing now, just record the replays 3 times.

1. First replay with no tori/uke, loading a bright shader
2. Same replay with no tori/uke, loading a dark shader
3. Same replay with tori and uke, with a greenscreen shader.

Greenscreen tori and uke and put them on the top layer, then fade the two shaders in and out. I might make an example to see how it would look, if I remember.
i agree, it could be loaded into an .lua
-----
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Ummmmm... Unsure how that'd work since a lot of the shaders aren't made with the idea of day or night.

Though it would be pretty cool to have them cycle. Possibly a script jobbie? Though I get the feeling it lacks the hooks for it.

I would say that it would be cool as a downlodable .lua script.
Last edited by iNarwal; Dec 22, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I spelt narwhal wrong. DEAL WITH IT!
Originally Posted by snob View Post
whole problem is that people who can't use shaders

In which case they'd have no input on a shader based suggestion ¬_¬

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
well what about adding such feature of homeworld then with atmospheres

day/night cycle can be used depends on frames left in %

it may be not day/ night but changing colors to something
or even hook it to score

let's say you buy "homeworlds" in torishop
homewrld is atmosphere + shader or just shader.
when you play in mp, everyone see your homeworld when you play as tori
this could add some depth but as i said, meh.

my mind is full of stuff how tb 5.0 should work like with tons of limitations but great quality overall. meh, may be we will create thread toribash 5.0 later. as we with william see it as commercial product.
Last edited by snob; Dec 22, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
That would be a separate thing since Atmospheres is a community created thing, the TB staff have nothing to do with it.
I see no technical reason why it couldn't be added to the atmosphere script, but that would involve you coaxing it's devs into making it.

As for the rest, charging for shaders? That's a bit much, they're free + 99% of them are made by the community.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
i will post my vision of 5.0 as separate game on this week, so i will explain why and what should be charged.

you know how commercial version of tb should look like with all that e-sport flux