ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
+Gimp help
Ok so I'm not sure if this is the right place but I've just started with gimp and Im having a bit of trouble.

Um 1stly, how do I make selections that I can go back to? At the moment Im using the path tool to draw parts, (eyes etc) but once i've moved onto the next one I cant go back to the old one to edit it.

2ndly, when I make a selection, I seem to be stuck with the crawling ants around it untill I make another, as if theres no way to tell GIMP im finished with that selection

I also tried to use the Spinning Globe Animation but all I get is a flat image that flickers . .

Any help would be greatly appreciated, also Im really sorry if this isn't the right forum
Hey there Naaier, I use Gimp frequently and I found ways to get around these problems.
When I make eyes or other parts, either I use "Ctrl and Z" to undo or I just zoom in and use the brush sizes to touch up. You can also use free select "f" to select any are that you want. Select the eye to be edit and you can touch up/ delete anywhere in the are selected but not outside.

Ok second problem, when you make a selection that you want to get rid of just hit "r" and click anywhere and it will go away, just tap don't drag.

Spinning globe doesn't work for me either. I just get a globe sitting on my screen. I can use "Ctrl and Z" or "Ctrl and X" to spin the globe 45 degrees clockwise or anticlockwise. See the attached image for what I mean. Here's a help guide/user manual for Gimp. http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/

Hope I helped.
Attached Thumbnails
raku1.jpg   raku2.jpg  
Thanks Solax, I've fixed the issue with my globe, I wasn't merging my layers so it was trying to just map one layer to the frame, and I also had your problem with them, then I realized I had to save the mapped globe to my harddrive as a GIF, and make sure I select save as animation, then it seems to work.