ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Alternative victory conditions

Disclaimer

I propose a new OPTIONAL set of conditons for a victory in Toribash/Toribash Next.

The conditions are as follows:

-You can set a specific amount of points x which you have to reach to instantly trigger a win.
(e.g. You set it to 100k points and once you or your opponent reaches it the match is over immediatly)

-If both players reach the pointthreshold in the exact same FRAME,not turn,FRAME the match will be counted as a draw.

-If no player reaches the pointthreshold in the given matchframes the match will be counted as a draw.

Alternatives/Additions

It would be fitting if the losing player is forced to relaxall after the pointthreshold is reached since it simulates a kind of knockout.

Deminik wrote a script once which emulates a lot of this already but it is appearently not possible to trigger a win once a player has reached a certain amount of points.
I will add the scripts to the attachments for reference.The pointlimit in these scripts range from 50k -150k points.

Any cnc or support is appreciated.
Attached Files
healthbar.zip (12.3 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Kane; Feb 7, 2019 at 07:55 PM.
I like this idea, this would be good for mma and especially boxing mods.
I think this feature should be implemented in toribash, so this will kinda solve the problem with running (in some way) in striking mods such as lenshu or wushu. Cool stuff.
RELAX ALL
Great idea to implement into the game, well thought out and doesn't seem like it'd be too difficult to do.

Experience

-.-

I think, even the posts that simply express agreement with Kane's suggestions should not be deleted. They're not useless, because, I believe, the amount of people agreeing with it can actually draw attention of people in charge. And it seems important to me, because I've not seen many great suggestions from here implemented.

It is an awesome idea that can have huge impact on the gameplay, which I could experience, playing on the EO event hosted by Kane.
Last edited by Diamond; Feb 7, 2019 at 07:43 PM.
I also support and agree that this should be implemented into TB/Next cause yes this would help alot to more force people to actually play the match rather than to win at least to hit the point sets witch could greatly help the continued improvement and success of TB/Next and also might make it seem abit more fair in certain mods and events.
Play your way to become a better gamer.
Mixed Martial Arts Fight to the fullest.
Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
I think, even the posts that simply express agreement with Kane's suggestions should not be deleted. They're not useless, because, I believe, the amount of people agreeing with it can actually draw attention of people in charge. And it seems important to me, because I've not seen many great suggestions from here implemented.

Totally agree. This is how it should work.

Kane's suggestion is simple yet genius. It could push forward the modding community and toribash gameplay. It may not worth the effort because of the upcoming release. Though, I consider a custom win conditions is must-have feature for TB Next.
since its optional then it couldn't hurt to be implemented, however, mods that do use it will be a cesspool of people unskillfully rushing for points instead of using any form of strategy or experience to win.
oh is this where i put my signature?
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
since its optional then it couldn't hurt to be implemented, however, mods that do use it will be a cesspool of people unskillfully rushing for points instead of using any form of strategy or experience to win.

I don't even mind when people rush, it's usually not that hard to counter well and come out ahead on points. This is also why ppl like to play 100k threshold and not 20k or something.

Running on the other hand is really annoying and point threshold solves this problem more or less.

I've been playing 100k threshold with people a bunch recently and it's been really enjoyable. It feels more competitive, more refined and engaging, and mainly it's been a lot more fun.

I support this idea 100%. There should absolutely be an option like this in both tb and tb next.
Health bars would be very cool to have. Surprised this hasn't been implemented into the game already.
It would make clan wars, duels and events much more competitive, plus its fun.