Ranking
Original Post
How to cover distances?
Ok, I'm fairly new to the game; in Wushu i have trouble getting closer to the other person... Any advice?
If you like wushu I'd suggest you read Odlovs wushu manual if you didn't do it yet.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=86039

I hope some more wushu experienced guy will help here out. Otherwise I will try to come up with something useful later.
Last edited by NutHug; Sep 5, 2009 at 06:38 PM.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
The link does not work for me either.
Anyway, i'll try to help. Try to direct your momentum towards the other person, or jump towards them. Try playing with your knees, hips, ankles and glutes to put your legs forward. Then use your upper body to complement the movement.
If you want a punch, get low to the ground on the first turn, and get your punch ready. On the second turn, aim, push upwards and release.
Look at NutHug's extremerunedit3 which comes with the latest version of toribash. It shows how to set up a move for the next turn.
Don't be discouraged if you can't do something like that, i have only just begun making good replays.
I'll probably never measure up to NutHug though >=(
Last edited by GreekDemon; Sep 5, 2009 at 02:39 PM. Reason: The usual
Very weird. The link works for me perfectly.

Originally Posted by lsl3012 View Post
I'll probably never measure up to NutHug though >=(

Patience and ambition is the key. Keep challenging yourself.

Like my stuff?
That link works. NutHug, your link said i did not have sufficient privileges or something like that.
Holy Demon
...be afraid

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Fixed the link in my post.

Like my stuff?
The guide helped, and i believe my problem was underestimating the Pecs/Glutes...
Thanks for the advice