Ranking
Original Post
540 kick
I saw this on youtube and was like o.o

Ever since I wanted to learn how to do it...I love the wushu mod for the simple fact if you know how to use it from what I've seen in videos..It rocks. But I have no idea where to start...I would post a replay of myself...But I seriously have no idea where to start except..

I try to contract one pec and extend the other and put my lumbar and chest in motion but from there I'm lost...Please help! I have looked in many guides about momentum...But I just cant learn that way...I'm more of in need of a teacher help or demonstration...But I'm not asking for knowing word for word like do this and do that....( for the fact that I dont think that is wanted..) Plus I might want to change it up a bit...But help in anyway you can.
Ok I will go deep into this.
The power of this move lies within its opening move. I will show you how and why it works that way.

There are several important things which come together to make it work the way it works. If you look at the ghost you can see that the Tori is actually falling forwards. This means the center of mass is in front of the right leg to be more accurate it is in a line between the contracted knee and Uke this contributes to a huge forward momentum when you extend the knee. The center of mass is moving even closer to uke when you raise the left shoulder, combined with the rotation of the chest and according pec movement your right leg gets pushed even more into the ground which makes you boost even more.
The next important thing is the the left hip. It controls the spin since it manipulates your spinning axis. By putting it on the ground you delay the launch off and force the right hip to put the forward momentum in a vertical spin.

The most important thing is leaning forward with contracted knee behind you. Preferably a rather extended glute.

I added a replay of the opening move so you can look at it and check if what I said is true. And well launch yourself around.
Attached Files
trainingpurpose.rpl (455 Bytes, 50 views)
Last edited by NutHug; Sep 5, 2009 at 01:29 PM.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
The picture doesn't work, I'd like it if you sorted that so I could learn something too, today. :3
collect snots from the nose
Fixed I guess.

Like my stuff?
Ok...Here is my first attempt...I trie some of the things you said to the best of my ability. It came out pretty cool. But not exactly what I expected but I will definitely continue to modify the technique. Please give feedback to anywhere I need to improve.
Attached Files
540 practice.rpl (5.9 KB, 28 views)
Try rotating your chest while being in the air. Or generally moving all the time.

Like my stuff?