Ranking
Original Post
How to Spar in Toribash!
People have been playing and thought that sparring was just another sort of fighting mode. Well, in that case, you're WRONG.

What is sparring?

Sparring is a type of popular coop subject in toribash which attracts your attention once you get used to it. First of all, it's not a fight. You work with your partner to make incredibly awesome moves and wise decisions.

What do you need to have in order to spar?

You need to have good interaction. People who aren't good with sparring will make very bad partners and send terrible signals. They don't tell you what they will bring next. Next, you DO NOT grab in sparring. Only use it when you are finishing up your partner or to hold on to objects in case you're playing on a different sparring mod. Then, you will need to bring signals. Signals in sparring are whenever you tell your partner what you will be doing next. Always ask whenever you are punching or kicking. Especially when it's a rough hit, and avoid being stuck when you make a move that's like a roll or something in the same category like that. Finally, you need to look out for other hits, like that Swexx vs Largekilla replay you see in 4.6. When you're near the end, see how largekilla dodges that punch swexx delivers, and swexx jumps in the air, misses again. Things like this sometimes fail because maybe you're in a bad position or you're making bad use of it.

How do you move so real in sparring?

Well, this is the problem with a lot of people. The moves you have to do in order to move so real is first, the horse stance.
The horse stance has a very cool position where you put your legs away from each other, probably almost lined up together. It's a balance pose as well but, you can add interactions to this! Such as punches and sights! The punches you can do with your horse stance but you may have to move forward, like swexx does in his replays
Second move, starters.
Now, starters are positions that you can move from, or launch directly into your partner's sight. How, you ask? Well, they're advanced but you may have a chance to succeed it. First of all, you need to use your LEGS. Your legs make you stand, right? They can launch you too! Put your knee on the ground, and your ankle as well. Next, extend your ankle to make it more nicer. Then, extend it, here's the different part. Extend your hip and relax your knee on that hip, and boom. You made a starter The next thing people get stuck on is the RUN.
The first step for the run is pretty simple. Find an ADVANCED run and do it. This is where you mess up. Your balance.
Now, a lot of people tell you to extend your glute whenever you're falling, but that doesn't really help. Your chest and your lumbar are good tools, but they should be used at the same time. Keep your glutes extended and run again. You made yourself a running starter!

Good luck and follow the tips I recommend for you!
Last edited by MrDevilMan; Feb 2, 2014 at 11:53 PM.
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Uhm, under how do you move so real in sparring? you put horse stance? In my opinion the horse stance is a great balance pose but it doesn't really have anything to do with keeping clean and realistic movements learning how your joints work is a big part of that while relaxing or holding some can give a good effect, Turn frames also play into this as they can help you setup for a better move and etc.
Originally Posted by jmanthebig View Post
Uhm, under how do you move so real in sparring? you put horse stance? In my opinion the horse stance is a great balance pose but it doesn't really have anything to do with keeping clean and realistic movements learning how your joints work is a big part of that while relaxing or holding some can give a good effect, Turn frames also play into this as they can help you setup for a better move and etc.

Well, it's just a suggestion so...yeah. Learn to spar kids!
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Im kinda looking for a sparring teacher so yeah could you be my sparring teaching its fine if you say know but just asking:/
-----
Originally Posted by Kotaro12 View Post
Im kinda looking for a sparring teacher so yeah could you be my sparring teaching its fine if you say know but just asking:/

Last edited by Kotaro12; Aug 17, 2019 at 10:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Sparring teacher?
Look for evo guys
Or Tai bois, idk
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
there lots type people that can teach you how spar
-----
im not the *realistic* spar type but i spar parkour
Last edited by Sanity; Aug 25, 2019 at 11:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic5365562_2.gif[/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by jmanthebig View Post

in my opinion, horse stance is great for beginners and for non-beginners too
it's one of the easiest and most pratical ways of standing and recovering balance, and additionally to being solid it's quite realistic for a fighting scene, if I may say so.

you can pull off a lot of great movements or defensive stances from horse stance, it's like the "default" position before performing a move and it works just fine.

for some people it just doesnt work, but that is usually a matter of style in my point of view, anyone can make really good stuff from horse stance (even though it is not as well regarded by the community)

Originally Posted by Kotaro12 View Post
-----

I would be up to cnc your replays and somewhat guide you in your career, if you will
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

can some of you guys go to the official discord to give me some advice or teach me? i would be grateful!