people playing: 98, servers online: 31, games played: 145,333,433 Top Player: Velordrel

Toribash Community » Toribash » News
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 15, 2017 Original Post  
hampa
In coder land
Toribash Next announcement.
I've started to build a new Toribash version, code name Toribash Next.

While the current engine is super awesome it was written 12 years ago.

Things I want to add to the new engine:
- 2vs2, 3vs1 and brawl games
- Built with animations and models from the start
- Ingame multiplayer modding (mod rooms together)
- Ingame inventory and trading
- Run your own servers

Some technical details for those interested:
- Engine (Unity3D)
- Plattforms (Windows, OSX)
- Backend (Steam and standalone)

Economy:
- Part of the economy will be decentralised (we will have our own BitCoin type currency). This will allow players to trade outside the forum.
- The giveaway Toribash Next Token will eventually transferable to this new section of our economy.

Questions & Answers:

QA

If you have more questions, I'll keep this top post updated.

Last edited by sir; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:55 AM..
hampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1471
Footlox

C O R A L Belt

Originally Posted by matarika View Post

Interesting idea, the issue is the servers are very fragile things and can break down very easily if forced to handle too much information, (thats why there's an object limit for modmaking) but i'll talk to hampa about see what he says on the idea of implementing multiple match, servers.

Because currently servers can't handle more than 4 people fighting in a match. Even tho there are separate matches happening. if there are 4, two person fights happening in one sever, thats like 8 people fighting in a server, which is problematic.

Okay - even just having two matches (4 players playing) simultaneously would make a tremendous improvement.
My logic is undeniable..
Leader of the Spyder House
Footlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1472
Death

3rd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Damned

Originally Posted by Footlox View Post
It would be great if it could be setup that way.

How i imagined its like 1 server with 1 - 4 dojos spaced out equally. Say the first dojo ended quickly, the game would save the replay for those frames but the tori's and dojo would remain as they are while the other fights continued in the other dojos. An IRL example I've always used to show this is a BJJ tournament (see picture) where there are multiple ongoing matches in the same space.

The benefits to this are pretty obvious but I'll still spell them out:
1. Knock out tournaments would play faster and look awesome as the number of dojos would go from 4 for the beginning fights, then 2 dojos for semifinals, and 1 dojo for the finals.
2. Clan servers would allow friends to play and talk simultaneously without having to wait in long queues.
3. Realistically this could only be applied to official mods like aikido/abd/wushi etc that have dojos that dont take up a lot of space.

matarika - wheter you think this is or isn't possible let me know if you think this is a cool idea

NAGA Tournament

The only issue that servers would be crashing much more
This idea is kinda great if devs can realize it correctly
♥ Bones and Roses ♥
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1473
Footlox

C O R A L Belt

I believe it can be done. I believe in hampa
My logic is undeniable..
Leader of the Spyder House
Footlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1474
William

Wushu Belt
Clan: fl0w

Originally Posted by matarika View Post
" I don't even know if I'd be able to wear my current items in TBN"

"most likely I won't spend another 1000 hours to get back to where I am."

By default Hampa is giving you back your items if you ask, as you've worked or purchased them, you're entitled to them, so by losing you QI in Toribash Next you would simply be losing the ability to recognize who is experienced and who isn't. As well as leveling the playing field as far as what Toribash Next Items you can buy. There would be no penalty as far as items. you would "lose" nothing in Next.

Next will have its own items, and have its own gear, locked behind its own Toribash Next QI restrictions, no connection to Toribash QI. It's not being shared between two games.

He IS MAKING an alternate branch in the economy not altering the current one. (TC is a different story)

Items Everyone will have to work for. But if you have God Belt QI going into Toribash Next. That's not fair. you'd be able to have access to Toribash Next God Belt QI leveled items.

Something WILL have to reset, because all items in Toribash Next should be worked for or purchased in the same way they were in Toribash. And if QI is transferred over then that will not be the case.

QI restrictions will be removed for items you already own in Toribash Next. Even if you're a white belt in Next.

This is what Hampa is implying by starting over from white belt, but giving you back your shit you own and worked for.
It will give everyone a blank slate to work up to buying and purchasing NEW Toribash Next gear and items.
But this has no connection to the shit you already own as you will be able to get all that back.

So let me re-word this...

Toribash Next needs to have an ALTERNATE QI progression. This is what i mean by Reset. Not wiping your QI on the original Toribash.

Ahhhh too much effort for this..just reset everything. People stop complaining..I don't understand, do you excpet to get ur items from different alterations of a game..let's say the different versions of counter strike or call of duty. Let's all start from 0, it will be fun.
Your messed up world enthrills me
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1475
azzeffir23
Chatterbox

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by William View Post
Ahhhh too much effort for this..just reset everything. People stop complaining..I don't understand, do you excpet to get ur items from different alterations of a game..let's say the different versions of counter strike or call of duty. Let's all start from 0, it will be fun.

Toribash is already on the edge of its life tbh, TBN won't be something that amazing that people will put so much effort again to get where they were in the original. So yeah, tbh if hampa wants TBN to actually live for longer than like 2-4 weeks he should give all of the items and achivements from the original into this one.
azzeffir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1476
migmig777

Black Belt

-----
Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
Toribash is already on the edge of its life tbh, TBN won't be something that amazing that people will put so much effort again to get where they were in the original. So yeah, tbh if hampa wants TBN to actually live for longer than like 2-4 weeks he should give all of the items and achivements from the original into this one.

Well actually it would just ruin the grind of the game which will make no point in TBN. Sorry to mention this game but GTA 5 allowed people to transfer accounts from other consoles but if you actually pay attention TB will likely stop recieving fixes and updates which means if people find a way to hack or exploit TB then they can transfer there TC to Toribash coins. TBN and TB aren't pay to win they are pay to customize so this is not that big of a deal customizing your tori is only half the game and the games purpose of gathering TC or coins. So you are basically skipping the development of your tori and I hope that BELTS get reset because people who played the game in the old days and quit dont deserve to still be the same rank in a totally new game the game would be pointless without progress. Keep in mind this is my opinion.
THE NAME IS MIGUEL AND WITH MY PENIS I SEND YOUR MOTHER TO HELL

Last edited by migmig777; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:03 AM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
migmig777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1477
Fyre
Forumite

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: zero

Originally Posted by migmig777 View Post
-----

Well actually it would just ruin the grind of the game which will make no point in TBN. Sorry to mention this game but GTA 5 allowed people to transfer accounts from other consoles but if you actually pay attention TB will likely stop recieving fixes and updates which means if people find a way to hack or exploit TB then they can transfer there TC to Toribash coins. TBN and TB aren't pay to win they are pay to customize so this is not that big of a deal customizing your tori is only half the game and the games purpose of gathering TC or coins. So you are basically skipping the development of your tori and I hope that BELTS get reset because people who played the game in the old days and quit dont deserve to still be the same rank in a totally new game the game would be pointless without progress. Keep in mind this is my opinion.

I agree with this
It'll just ruin the fun and the grind in Toribash Next if you are able to transfer your Toribash items to the New Toribash and I'm pretty positive Toribash Next wont die that quickly since I'm sure hampa has a lot of fun ideas to put in the New Game, it will be a whole new experience and with the new players logging in the new game it'll be very fun since you are able to make more friends and feel more equal to the new players

Now few months back I wished to be able to relive the old good times when I was a Brown Belt/Blue Belt with few of my old friends playing peacefully and now since I know a similar advanced new version of Toribash will be coming out I can totally relive it by starting over in the new game.
Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1478
Rouxster
Thrower

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Rain

Is there anywhere we can donate money to go towards TB Next development/marketing?
Team MMA Leader
~Do Real Moves~
Rouxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1479
tertywerty
Big bad bully :'(

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Evil

Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
Is there anywhere we can donate money to go towards TB Next development/marketing?

Contact hampa and also send an email http://forum.toribash.com/sendmessage.php

༼ ︶ ︶ ༽

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
tertywerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1480
aljon0507

Black Belt

How about making people who got disconnected have their toris fully relax so that the game just doesn't stop on a 2v2 or 3v1
aljon0507 is offline   Reply With Quote