ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Solar roadways?
So if you havent heard this old subject already, "Solar Roadways" is the new way of increasing power in the US by 3 fold.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways

The idea is to make a solar panel hexagon that can hold a lot of weight, and cover the streets with them placed together. They have configurable LED lights for just about anything. No need to paint the road or re-tar every street.

I kinda like it, seems like it could go wrong. What did you think?
Originally Posted by ape View Post

educate yoselves

Please do.
Last edited by Mzebra; Jun 4, 2014 at 01:44 AM.
Definitely sounds expensive, and I'm assuming these are going to cause a lot of trouble and cost even more with maintenance.
I've seen this somewhere on internet,
but holy poop, they've raised more than 1M$!
Killjoys, make some noise!
I feel like these are going to have many problems with people stealing them for scrap.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Why is it the roads before buildings.

And I highly you would be able to remove on of these panels let alone sell the thing to someone for a reasonable price. Carrying a manhole cover is the samething. It's difficult to remove for only a hundred at a fence.
I can't say much, as i live in Australia, but i can say if they tried that down here.. ahahahahahahahahaha wouldn't work, people will need cash and find a way to rip them off, not to mention crashes/stacks i mean solar panels on the ground? iv'e came flying off my pushbike hard enough to rip up concrete with my full face helmet, i don't need plastic glass stuff smashing underneath my helmet and flying into my helmet and making it so i'll need medical attention, with car crashes? it's already bad enough hopping outta a car after a crash and walking on smashed glass everywhere.
They would most likely end up getting hacked from time to time, not to mention the chances of them getting stolen.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
I think covering places with solar panels is a good idea, just not on roads.
As mentioned in the video, I think these panels would be great for like basketball courts or something.
Last edited by Aracoon; Jun 4, 2014 at 02:29 AM.