ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
POV-Ray Oo
Well, holy poo. I saw some videos on YouTube, and saw that the background, blood, and player models are freakin' sweet-looking.
But, gee, I've read that people do this with POV-Ray. I've downloaded it, and guess what? I HAVE NO idea what to do.
First things first-
1) When you run it, can you play Toribash like that forever, being better looking? Or does it work on replays, because i tried to load some but it didn't show any files.
Uhh.. Yeah.. That's it. I just want to know what to do to make my videos like that, and if I have the right hardware to run it and make it look like that.
512 mb of ram, 2.8 ghz processor, 64mb integrated non t&l capable video card.
Any help will be of good help. Plus, that blood looks SWEET.
Re: POV-Ray Oo
http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=832.0

Searching does wonders. *thumbsup*

Oh, and 1.) No, only on replays. Read the link for a tutorial...

2.)...there is no 2 >.> You just posted 1.) and that's it >.<;
POV-Ray is mainly dependent on the CPU. It will not use your graphics card at all.
This is because it raytraces the scenes, ie it follows all the rays of light. The graphics card is not designed for this.

The simple guide to POV-Raying a scene from Toribash is:
  • pause where you want (not necessary, but you can shift+p to get the exact moment you want)
  • Hit F8 to screenshot
  • Go into the raytrace folder and open the new .pov file in POV-Ray
  • Hit run in POV-Ray
The render will be a .bmp in the raytrace folder with the same name as the .pov file.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by shroomduck
okay... when i do it according to the tutorial, i press alt+g to render, all i get is a blue box.

It appears your trying to render the wrong file, render the other thing, not that thing. *sigh* Someone fix me.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
yeah, make sure the correct tab (your screenshot) is in focus in pov-ray, if an .inc file or such is in focus, the engine will try to render that, which will look like a blank screen..