Ranking
Original Post
[Over][ES]Head Texture Of The Month 2.
Attention artists of the Toribash community! The art hype continues with the second event of the head texture of the month series! Prepare your imagination and creativity to bring up something clever and nice and also high quality stuff!
Write yourself into the book of The Head Texture Of The Month Showcase!

Imagine a monthly event, where you’re given a certain theme to think about. Over the course of almost a month, you work using this theme to create an amazing head texture. The artist who creates the texture deemed to be the best fit by the judging criteria receives a 512x512 Head Texture Item + 30k TC + 4ST. Here’s the best part, all participants retain ownership of their submissions and can sell them after the event! Now, stop imagining. You don’t need to, because this is a reality! Welcome to the Head Texture of the Month competition!

- The winner will receive a 512x512 Head Texture Item + 30,000 Toricredits + 4 Shiai Tokens + Be featured in every Head Texture of the Month event following.
-As an optional prize, the winner will also be given the choice of creating the next month’s banner and thread art.
- All notable submissions will be happily advertised in the original post of the following month’s thread with the artists credited.
-Every month we gonna have a honourable mention who receive secret prizes.
-If you’re looking to establish yourself as an artist in the Toribash community, here’s your chance for publicity!

- Plagiarism is bad. It isn’t a matter of if we find out, it’s about when we find out. Don’t try your luck.
- If your submission looks like a joke, it will be completely ignored.
-A rough Sketch or WIP is required in order to prove that this is a head in progress and not a pre-made head that you are reposting.
-Also add a sphere/ingame preview from the final product!
-Do not submit old textures.
-Only 1 submission per month.
-Submissions must be in 512x512 resolution or higher.
-No Copy/Paste art allowed.

The submission process is simple. You have time until the 25th day of every month to post your entries.
Post your watermarked flats in this thread with spherical previews.
To ensure the head is properly judged, please make your previews for the head clear, and show all aspects of the head.
This is important if you want to have the best chance at winning. Try to keep watermarks non-intrusive, while still deterring people from stealing.
You are encouraged to post frequent WIPs, just make sure to verify in your post what the final product is.
At least one WIP is required to ensure this is a
new head that you are creating, not a pre-made or stolen head.

After the 25th day of every month, the submission window is closed and judging begins.
Your entries will be judged, based on these criteria:
-How well the idea fits the theme
-Uniqueness - think outside the box, it could be the difference between winning and losing.
-Execution of the idea

Once the judges have decided on a winner, a post will be made announcing the artist who won.
The post will also include CnC of other’s work to let the artists know what to improve on and what they did right.
The entries will be judged by The GM Team.

This month's theme is Elemental!
So everything is included like water,ground,wind,fire,sun and so on..
This theme allows for a whole lot of creativity, so let the creativity flow arround you.

Deadline: 25th of February, 20:00 GMT+0

Previous Winners!

*Credit to Gbleek and pouffywall for their contributions to the event
*Credits to Kris for the art
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
Awesome new theme

better than last time

yes its a more concrete one, and this is a bit harder now i think,

We chose this for your suggestion actually.
Originally Posted by Marci6 View Post
yes its a more concrete one, and this is a bit harder now i think,

We chose this for your suggestion actually.

cool cool

glad I could help.

by the way: are you looking for a ton of elements in 1 head or just choose an element? (its cool either way :v )
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
cool cool

glad I could help.

by the way: are you looking for a ton of elements in 1 head or just choose an element? (its cool either way :v )

We dont have that criteria so thats your choice, both are cool
I suck at anything that requires detail.
But seeing as this is really more about showcasing the art of Toribash.
I'm down.
-----
UPDATE:
So... Since this events theme is "Elemental"
I decided to get a little bit cheeky with it, and select an element from the; Periodic Table of Elements.

Periodic Table of Elements

I picked Oxygen.

Then to get even more cheeky...
The head will be an old man with an oxygen tank and mask.
This "old man" may potentially be a bad ass. I have not yet decided.

WIP

P.S
That oxygen tank needs to lose some girth!
Last edited by Canada; Feb 10, 2016 at 01:42 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
~AQOURS~
MAPLE SYRUP UNITED
Its the four principal elements (Fire, Water, Earth and Air)
or all Elements of Periodical Table ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(NimbleThief) I'm fag?
(NimbleThief) I agree
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Its the four principal elements (Fire, Water, Earth and Air)
or all Elements of Periodical Table ?

To my understanding it's "elements"

I assume they meant the Principal elements.
But I like to be different.
~AQOURS~
MAPLE SYRUP UNITED
Don't fret over the definition. As long as it represents the word "element" in some way shape or form, it should all be fair game.

Me? I think I will try this. Maybe this time I can actually finish my work instead of dying halfway and being lazy xD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]