Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic

Old Jul 6, 2019   #21
rafsimmons

Yellow Belt

I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Haven't gone to college as I've done trade school for electricians for 2 years.

A lot of hospitals have certain programs specifically tailored for whatever your situation is. While you're still in uni, ask some people in a hospital near you and tell them what your situation is and see if they have a program for someone like you. It's what one of my cousins have done and it really helped them through medical school.

If you haven't shadowed already, do it. You learn a lot more in the thick of it.
rafsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2019   #22
_Dare

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: win

I currently volunteer at the hospital, I plan on doing shadowing later on as it isn’t as hard to get a position.

Also I fucked up again :> I swear I get an A- in all my important classes.

Physics lab: B
Physics 1 lecture: A-
Ex Dueler - CL Winner - God
Dare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019   #23
_Dare

10th Dan Black Belt

That time of year again. Classes start Monday

Sophmore WOOOO

Fall 2019:
Organic Chemistry 1 Lecture
Organic Chemistry 1 Lab
General Biology 1 Lecture
General Biology 1 Lab
General Business
Accounting Principles 1
Business Statistics

Will keep u guys updated
Old Aug 18, 2019   #24
RAAAGE
Somewhat Sober Clan

Blue Belt

what branch of medicine are you aiming for? pharmacology and neuroscience are interesting and useful, so is chem and organic chem, but those are less useful for practicing medicine.
personally the only interesting thing in medicine is anesthesiology, it can be quite lucrative as well, I have family that specialized in working with pregnant women (mo' risk mo' money) and by age 40 they dont really have to do jack shit anymore and just make dat money move
-----
i mean, dont you have to study bio and biochem do be a decent doc anyway? that shit is just essential
-----
I dont know shit about uni because im a degenerate but if you study computer science along with any other feild it opens up a huge amount of extremely lucrative opportunities for you, id recommend atleast taking an intro to programming class to see if you have the head for talking to computrs (most people dont) but if you do it is easy and fun and will lead to good things even if med school falls through
RED DANES
dirty cottons

Last edited by RAAAGE; Aug 18, 2019 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
RAAAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019   #25
_Dare

10th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by RAAAGE View Post
what branch of medicine are you aiming for? pharmacology and neuroscience are interesting and useful, so is chem and organic chem, but those are less useful for practicing medicine.
personally the only interesting thing in medicine is anesthesiology, it can be quite lucrative as well, I have family that specialized in working with pregnant women (mo' risk mo' money) and by age 40 they dont really have to do jack shit anymore and just make dat money move
-----
i mean, dont you have to study bio and biochem do be a decent doc anyway? that shit is just essential
-----
I dont know shit about uni because im a degenerate but if you study computer science along with any other feild it opens up a huge amount of extremely lucrative opportunities for you, id recommend atleast taking an intro to programming class to see if you have the head for talking to computrs (most people dont) but if you do it is easy and fun and will lead to good things even if med school falls through

Anesthesiology is boring, I don't want to do that. Bio and Biochem is necessary for the pre-requisites for medical school here in the U.S. I don't want to do computer science I dislike it, though it is true it is a growing profession with lots of opportunities.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

Edit on School:

Next Week:

Orgo 1 Midterm 1:
Bio 1 Midterm 1:
Accounting Midterm 1:
Business Statistics Midterm 1:

Starting to grind everything today. Studied 5 chapters of Bio today, gonna grind some Stats and Orgo now (if anyone wanna help me in Orgo that would be great- I don't know where to start). Gonna be studying a lot. I have to get an A

Last edited by Dare; Sep 11, 2019 at 02:37 AM..
Old Oct 5, 2019   #26
_Dare

10th Dan Black Belt

Orgo 1 Midterm 1: Canceled due to weather
Bio 1 Midterm 1: B... rip
Accounting Midterm 1: A
Business Statistics Midterm 1: A, class average was a 52% lmfao
Old Oct 11, 2019   #27
_Dare

10th Dan Black Belt

Had my Orgo Lab Midterm, was eh.

Next week:
Orgo 1 Midterm 2:
Bio 1 Midterm 2:
Accounting Midterm 2:
Business Statistics Midterm 2:

(I'm fucked)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #28
_Dare

10th Dan Black Belt

Update:
Orgo 1 Midterm 2: Hoping for Mid 70's-80's. The A in this class varies year by year, it usually between 82-90%.
Bio 1 Midterm 2: B (still have an A in the class)
Accounting Midterm 2: Probably failed, didn't even study was burnt out from studying everything else.
Business Statistics Midterm 2: Taking tmrw.

WIll update after I take my stats test tmrw.

Update:

I think I got an A on my Stats

Last edited by Dare; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:47 PM..