ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Add triangles into Modmaking
There have been many changes to modmaking I would love to see but this one is simple compared to the rest. Modmakers can already do so much with the standard shapes but a triangular shape would add so many more possibilities. My suggestion would be only right triangles for simplicity's sake.
you potentially could do a triangle with a cube... you have to rotate in 35° and put it half in the ground, but making a triangle shape with a pointy bit is impossible.

For what would that be useful though?
Originally Posted by Fluxorious View Post

For what would that be useful though?

I made a car the other day, wanted to make a tilted windshield, no can do because cubes would clip onto each other and not stick.

I wanted to make a spear, same problem.

You want to make an hexa/penta/octo/++gon? you have to pile up rectangles, which will clip, which will make your mod glitch the fuck out. with triangles? you could just assemble them like puzzle pieces.

it'd just make our lives easier.

Cylinders that shape into the form of a disc instead of a sphere would be good too ;_;
I'll play devil's advocate - the physics engine can't do triangles! Well it can't do primitive triangles which would be the logical thing you'd think. Infact it can't do much else beyond what it's already doing.

In the way of primitives it can do spheres, boxes, capped cylinders, regular flat-ended cylinders & infinite planes that can't have their position adjusted... Which is a list of what we already have.

Other than that you have to go down the full polygon model route, so no real point in asking for a triangle. Be greedy, place demands for a stack of shapes instead. Demand model support in mods while you're at it.

Hampa's gonna hate me for provoking this

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
You said regular flat ended cylinders, there are no regular flat ended cylinders, i would love regular flat ended cylinders......... flat ended cylindery :F

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

flat ended cylinders would be nice too, I didn't know the engine wasn't able to support triangles
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
I'll play devil's advocate - the physics engine can't do triangles! Well it can't do primitive triangles which would be the logical thing you'd think. Infact it can't do much else beyond what it's already doing.

In the way of primitives it can do spheres, boxes, capped cylinders, regular flat-ended cylinders & infinite planes that can't have their position adjusted... Which is a list of what we already have.

Other than that you have to go down the full polygon model route, so no real point in asking for a triangle. Be greedy, place demands for a stack of shapes instead. Demand model support in mods while you're at it.

Hampa's gonna hate me for provoking this

What engine is he using that cant support triangles? Possible one for the most basic shapes....

BY asking for that, hampa would have to redesign the engine or get a new one. Making it possibly for other stuff to happen as well.

Originally Posted by Gunkman04 View Post
What engine is he using that cant support triangles? Possible one for the most basic shapes....

BY asking for that, hampa would have to redesign the engine or get a new one. Making it possibly for other stuff to happen as well.

ODE Physics - y'know, the thing that makes everything happen in TB. Changing that is game breaking

Pretty dumb, but if you want triangles you'd have to make a model for them; at that point you may as well go all out with mesh support, hence me saying there's no real point in just asking for a triangle - push for models instead.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
What do you call "models" exactly ? Like importation of 3d models in mods ?

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash