Toribash
View Poll Results: Unibash, yay or nay?
yay
55 Votes / 80.88%
nay
13 Votes / 19.12%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

It would be nice to see it come back, but there are a couple things to factor in;

-Availability of teachers
-Creating a new format for learning, such as tutorial scripts (assuming this org would also be official in terms of having a tab on the client)
-Number of people willing to learn/overall activity of the community

Sounds good on paper but do we have the people needed and willing to make this happen?

If so, then I'd be willing to help. Good luck
Veni , Vidi , Vici
As a former unibash test giver/teacher/whatever, I feel like it could work. We closed down for a very large lack of interest from both sides, test takers and the givers/teachers alike. But lately it seems like more and more people have taken an interest in Unibash.

But to the more technical side. Who would operate Unibash? Would it be the same as back then (I.E people apply and get considered), or maybe be made into another responsibility of HS? I feel like having HS operate Unibash would make HS a pretty hefty position, maybe even causing it to gain an actual help squad leader a la admin style. Unibash worked fairly fine when it was operated by people who didn't necessarily need to have other responsibilities, and nowadays it feels like there are way more people who would like to help out anyway.
h
Well, the issue in the past is that the ratio from (proper) teachers to student's wasn't that big.

escpially if i remember, the german part was lacking people who wanted to learn badly, aswell as the teachers weren't that prepared for stuff they were teaching.

given how the teaching works, or rather how most teachers work i would have mixed feelings if it could work out or not. people mostly just dont care and think a few tips here and there will work, maybe some multiplayer with mentioning what their weaknesses are. but as unibash used to teach more than ingame stuff it got really messy when it came to mods or texturing.

IMHO. i'd imagine it could work as a sort of competition with regular prizes, so people would actually attempt to teach and the students have another reason to attend.

also a set baseline, like a real proper teaching plan which they should be able to accomplish at the end of their "class". also a side note, teaching stuff about the market and clan's isn't necessary.

a thing i vividly remember also was that there was a Unibash clan later on, which basically handled this. a revival of something like that would be amazing. so people can gather, make friends and get to know the community together.

to sum it up, for it to work:
Teachers who have a clue what they are teaching and are actually prepared.

specify what needs to be taught.

potentially in a 3 month period a competition between everyone who took part in any of the classes. with prices for teachers and students. so the teachers will try their best to teach and newer players will learn something aswell as be rewarded.

it needs good planning, maybe with the help of the help squad, but dont leave it all to them.

also, butler, you attempted to revive the toribash newspaper aswell which ended up bringin out 2 pages before you vanished in the abyss again, so please dont do the same here.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
fuck yes please! tbh i'd offer to be someone to teach modding (i would need to work on my cnc first though)
i think it would also make the game less lonely for people, i dont know about other skills but there arent alot of active modders nowadays,
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Originally Posted by Butler153 View Post
Alright so I've been wanting to bring back Unibash for a while and I've been talking to hampa on Skype and he said I can but I should check if anyone does want it back first

What is Unibash? - Old Thread

As you can tell from reading about Unibash, it was a pretty good addition to the game as it gave new players a chance to learn more about the game as well as earn the achievements shown below.

Achievements

Keep in mind that if we do bring it back that we will need to recruit teachers and testers etc.

requesting that a poll be added to this to make it easier to see how many people want it back <3

I was waiting for several years to make unibash comeback!

I'd like to be one of the teachers for the german ingame section, teach players basics. Give them hints n tips. I'm good known with all the regular mods like taekkyon, aikido, abd, erthtkv2, lenshu-lenshu3ng, stabjutsu, ninjutsu, rk-mma.

These specific categories I'd like to choose and teach to get other players to a well-balanced level step by step:

- balance
- movement
- speed and strength
- accuracy

I'd start to create the tutorials as soon as possible, if unibash shall comeback.
Last edited by BlueEvil; Feb 20, 2017 at 09:23 AM.

Water Melon, Fire Melon, Earth Melon, Air Melon... The ELEMELONS!