Toribash
Maybe we should revisit some of the old staff of toribash and look who might still be active. Ahem ahem chesh
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
Originally Posted by ShhhMikes View Post
Maybe we should revisit some of the old staff of toribash and look who might still be active. Ahem ahem chesh

For what?
Dranix is still dev. Sir is the medium between.

Chesh was only sound dev
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
I don't know how to describe it really, I've played a lot of games with more content and replayability than Toribash, but Toribash has stuck with me, hence my 1000 hours played, but those are rookie numbers. I think the main reason I stayed is because of the community, if you think about it the game is pretty stale, and if you're not strong-willed you probably won't be playing this game for long, I think that's what I like about the Toribash community, it takes commitment and will to spend a lot of time on this game, and that's what drives this community, if you think about it this community could have easily gone to shit and it could have been full of trolls. I only started in March 2015 but this has been my experience.
-----
I've heard a lot of people say the community was better back in '08 up to 2012. I wouldn't know what that's like but I'm happy with the way it is now, all I want is for the community to grow. It's kind of confusing whether the game has died or it's alive.
Last edited by Keshava; Apr 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
Dranix is still dev. Sir is the medium between.

Chesh was only sound dev

Haven't seen a single sound produced by him. The guy impersonated some known musician but I doubt he actually did something.
I've struggled bringing friends into this game, I brought in two but they didn't last very long, the game has a very steep learning curve, I don't want that to change but I want new players to be able to ease into the community and that can motivate them to keep going, and before you know it the community is growing fast again, I personally like hanging out with the newbies in-game because they are less toxic than some of the other players. And I enjoy helping them out, the same was done for me, I had multiple people help me out on my journey e.g Ravager, DashSora. I hope we can all do the same. I think one big factor is that we don't treat newbies nicely, I see lots of them being insulted and no wonder they get discouraged.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Haven't seen a single sound produced by him. The guy impersonated some known musician but I doubt he actually did something.

Oh wot I didn't know that, I swore he made some things in 2015. He used to talk about it on skype with Obey. That's sad then :L
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/thWfXwy.png[/SIGPIC]
Wanna see some ruffled feathers in Taekkyon

<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
Originally Posted by sir View Post

Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
Oh wot I didn't know that, I swore he made some things in 2015. He used to talk about it on skype with Obey. That's sad then :L

This is all what sir thinks btw before you get that idea! Heard some interesting corruption about sir : ) said and spread rumours still today about cheshyre and have ruined his image. Yet Hampa proved you wrong but has been to inactive since then. I seen all of the lies lol. Also if chesh was a lie than why has he been making tons of shit for us? He's god damn good at what he does. played him tbh. Guy only got paid Tc. Unlike some of the devs here.

Maybe sir you should do something more than cosmetics to the game and re work it or advertise it rather than talk and bash people on forums. That's what we are for. Talk to Hampa and earn what you get. No offends to you but the way everything I seen was definitely against cheshyre
Last edited by Mikes; Apr 25, 2017 at 02:57 PM.
"People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public."—Bryan White
Originally Posted by ShhhMikes View Post
This is all what sir thinks btw before you get that idea! Heard some interesting corruption about sir : ) said and spread rumours still today about cheshyre and have ruined his image. Yet Hampa proved you wrong but has been to inactive since then. I seen all of the lies lol. Also if chesh was a lie than why has he been making tons of shit for us? He's god damn good at what he does. played him tbh. Guy only got paid Tc. Unlike some of the devs here.

Maybe sir you should do something more than cosmetics to the game and re work it or advertise it. Talk to Hampa and earn what you get. No offends to you but the way everything I seen was definitely against cheshyre

Don't talk about things you have no knowledge of. Chesh claimed to be Overwerk, a "famous" producer. I was sceptical of this and emailed Overwerk's management agency and they confirmed that Chesh is not him.
He charged people in TB money for producing music for them, under the claim that he indeed is Overwerk. That's why he got "fired". Chesh ruined his image on his own, nothing to do with Sir.
Last edited by cowmeat; Apr 25, 2017 at 05:22 PM.
Originally Posted by ShhhMikes
Maybe sir you should do something more than cosmetics to the game and re work it or advertise it rather than talk and bash people on forums. That's what we are for. Talk to Hampa and earn what you get.

I like cosmetics

As for "he only got TC payments unlike other devs" - he got TC payment for doing nothing, devs get real money for actually doing their jobs. Don't see what's wrong here.
Last edited by sir; Apr 25, 2017 at 03:11 PM.