Toribash
Original Post
Democracy!
I'd prefer it if no staff of any kind post on this, for that could influence the opinion of non-staff players. I would like to hear the honest opinion of the community on whether or not they think it'd be a good idea for Toribash to become more of a Democracy.

i.e: After the staff team decides they think someone is fit to become a FULL GM (trial GM should be decided upon purely by the staff team in my opinion [sorta-not really like a closed primary]. THEN, the community votes on who the staff believe should become full), the community should then vote on whether or not they agree. Obviously, we would need some sort of "Absolute Threshold" where within maybe a weeks time at least 100 people needed to have voted for it to have influenced the outcome of the staff's decision.
Last edited by Raid; Jan 17, 2016 at 02:31 AM.
JollyRogers
Sparky is a 317 pound Hump-Back Whale
Firstly, this isn't exploitable at all. Just set a minimum experience threshold ex. Account Is at least one year old with at least 1000 qi or something to that effect. Then you just open a discussion thread and you do all the voting there so that there are no loopholes.

With that being said this is a terrible idea, and I actually kind of have the same reasons as bod. Basically my only issue with it is the fact that A. It becomes even more of a popularity contest than it already is, I call it the "high school election fallacy," because all logical reasoning goes out the window and the most popular candidate pretty much wins 100% of the time.

And B. The gm's know how to be a gm better than the rest of us; therefore, giving inexperienced normal users any kind of weight on the situation is really just slowing down the process. This applies mostly in small communities btw, which kyure mentioned, because most of the names on the ballot are probably familiar for one reason or another; whereas games like runescape(assuming they elected their staff) would never have this problem because there is little to no chance that a person's username would be recognized globally(in gaming terms not literally).
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Firstly, this isn't exploitable at all.

There is nothing in this world that isn't exploitable, everything is subject to exploit if you review and dissect it long enough. Its more of a question of "Does the benefits out-weigh the exploits and cons".

In this case I don't think the benefits out-weigh the cons and exploits of this system.

Now don't fead me some line like that again or I'll start viewing all your post and illogical trash. Still love you though Grim.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Uh...

The staff are in charge, and we do what they say. It's as simple as that. We can rebel (Complain about Staff) and let them know about corruption (Reports).

The system as it is, is just fine. There isn't anything wrong with it. I'd rather not let people who have no idea what certian staff positions are, vote on who gets to be in that position.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Honestly, I like they way things are being ran now.

Cause then the decision will be based on who is more popular rather then who is capable of doing the job right.
players to vote on staff applicants
hi, my idea is that a part of the decision process could be for players to vote on who gets in or not.

this would not be the entire decision process, the staff's input will still be big but i feel that this may remove the possibility of disliked staff

thanks
I decided to merge your thread with a very similar one, Clovermouth.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
As has been said before in the previous, unmerged, thread it would be a popularity contest rather than who can to the job right contest.

Also putting more steps into the process like this would make it slower, and its pretty slow as it is anyway

In response to this
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Instead of just saying that, give me an exploit.

There are plenty of alts which meet the category you stated.

You have to make it so that there are no double votes allowed - hentai/liar exists, so by the system you suggested at least master belt is required. Thats a tiny proportion of the community and doesnt give an accurate representation of what the community thinks
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
i think the best way to get rid of alt users would to be make the minimum belt requirement 5th dan or up. just to eliminate any excessive alts voting.