ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Rigs Of Rods
Rigs of Rods is an open source vehicle simulator licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3. What makes Rigs of Rods different to most simulators is its unique soft-body physics: vehicles, machines, objects, etc. are simulated in real-time as flexible soft-body objects, giving the simulation an extremely accurate behavior which entirely depends on the physical construction of the vehicles or objects you create.

http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/?

Features

Soft-body physics. Objects according to their weight distribution, construction, and/or suspension (in the case of vehicles).
Advanced flight model based on blade element theory. It allows the accurate simulation of any airplane, based entirely on its physical dimensions and wing airfoils, similar to X-Plane.
Accurate buoyancy model based on elemental pressure gradients, enabling boats with complex hulls to move realistically in the swell.
Basic support for dual-core processing. More multithreading and CUDA support is planned.
Basic support for scripting using AngelScript.
Based on the OGRE Graphics Engine.

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: P4 or equivalent AMD at 2GHz or more, better with HyperThreading technology or dual-core (RoR has dual-core support)
RAM:512 MB of RAM
Video Card: 3D Accelerated with 128MB of VRAM or more
DirectX 9c on Windows, or GLX on Linux
supports force feedback joysticks and wheels (except on Linux)
supports 3D sound effects with multichannel sound cards (enable the hardware sound renderer)

Mods

RoR is highly moddable: currently there are over 2000 mods for RoR. Here is a small random selection:

Videos

This is the real Simulator

Players who plays it:

Hours
souldevilj
Saint [?]
JellyNinja
Last edited by ExtHours; Jan 5, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
I Hate My Life - Hours
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/?

Yes...
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
Looks fun! Gonna try it out

Added.
I Hate My Life - Hours
Originally Posted by ExtHours View Post
Yes...

Added.

You did not add link in your post, that's why I posted it. You should do it at first, otherwise someone could delete your thread.
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
You did not add link in your post, that's why I posted it. You should do it at first, otherwise someone could delete your thread.

He mean't my name and your name in the list.
Also I find it hard to get used to but since its highly moddable I'll go check out a good mod for it and I would love to tottally trash up a plane xD
Yea, its really really hard in the beggining.
Im currently learning how to crush small cars realistic.

Btw, added saint.
I Hate My Life - Hours
Originally Posted by luigy69 View Post
I hate that game... Is bad...

^
I loled.
Have you even played it?

I can't install it right now, I'll let you know when I install it, not sure though, I'll see if my father lets me install it on his PC :P
oh yeah
Originally Posted by luigy69 View Post
I hate that game... Is bad...

1. Its not a game, is a simulator.

2. Its most likely because you couldn't even control your first vehicle.

3. Go look up the Rig of Rods Beginners Guide and see if that changes your mind