AC/DC
5 Votes / 7.14%
Slayer
7 Votes / 10.00%
Other One? (Comment)
17 Votes / 24.29%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Me definition for heavy metal is more distinct because Tank, Raven, Dio, Motorhead, Venom, and Iron Maiden (the latter three part of New Wave of British Heavy Metal) made the sound of heavy metal more distinct spawning the heavy metal sound that can be seen by Carnivore, Razor, Hit the Lights by Metallica, Violent Force, and Sodom's album Better Off Dead

Genres have become a lot more distinct now that there is a billion of different sounds that I think Heavy Metal and Metal is the same but different.
Last edited by T0ribush; Mar 7, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a genre of rock music[1] that developed in the late 1960s and early 1970s

That part of the article has never been edited.
Metal is short for Heavy Metal.
Also, Dio is indesputably Power Metal, not New Wave of British Heavy Metal (the most obvious argument being that he's an American with Italian descent).
I said latter three which excludes Dio.

Chicks sing metal! Men sing Heavy Metal!
Last edited by T0ribush; Mar 7, 2010 at 09:59 AM.
NOT TRUE girls are just as good as boys
check out iwrestledabearonce or otep or walls of jericho
females who do it just as good
Excuse my ignorance, but females can not in no way achieve brutality, sure they do reach guttural vocals, but is that really brutal comming' from a chick or is that just cool? Though it would be pretty brutal of a chick can do this as well as the vocals.