Toribash
Original Post
A Challenge to you Scripters
OKIE DOKIE SCRIPT KIDDIES!!!

I have a little challenge for you:

Ive just completed my mod 'Toriboxing' and it will soon be up with its own server however i intend on continuing work on it and updating every now and then.

The challenge i have is for someone to produce a script for me that will cause all of a players joints to fracture if they take a certain amount of damage to the head in one frame.

Example: If a player takes lots of light taps to the head doing 5-10,000 damage then nothing will happen, but if one hard hit causes 20,000 or more damage then there whole body fractures and they go limp, as though they have been knocked unconcious, at which point they would fall to the floor and be DQ'd.

If anyone thinks there up to it, or if you want to tell me that my idea is ridiculous and wont work, please dont PM me because i dont read them, post your reply in this thread, thankyou :o)

MuayThai

*ADDED*

An additional challenge, i would like to make a mod where you can have a gripping function for your feet as well as your hands, however... i want feet to be able to grip the floor(to make it possible to balance and fight properly) and not grip the opponent.
This should be simple to make.... except for the feet thing. Anyways the example thing could be done with the Life bar LUA, though in there the players heads fly off and this from total damage, not from one hit.... :/ indeed a challenge, indeed. Mind posting the mod though? I suck at boxing so I'd like a mod that helps you do it ^^
I think the "Knock out" idea would probably be easy, but it seems like it would be difficult to make your feet grip the ground.
Well my brother is a server admin or something, and ive sent him my completed boxing mod which i call Toriboxing. Hampa has accepted it and it should have its own server soon.

When i say its completed.. the mod is... but the scripts for it arent, i would be very appreciative if someone could produce a KO script for me, i can pay with Toricredits, name your price.

Anyway see you in Toriboxing when its up, thanks all
Originally Posted by MuayThai View Post
The challenge i have is for someone to produce a script for me that will cause all of a players joints to fracture if they take a certain amount of damage to the head in one frame.

Erm, a few problems:

1. You can't detect where you're taking damage, only what damage has been taken overall.

2. You can't properly fracture, just make it simply go limp, and there are workarounds to this (other scripts, etc)

3. You can't run scripts on servers yet.

An additional challenge, i would like to make a mod where you can have a gripping function for your feet as well as your hands, however... i want feet to be able to grip the floor(to make it possible to balance and fight properly) and not grip the opponent.

Sorry, but not possible. You can't make it change shape, for one, and you can't make it stay in one spot, 'gripped'. It'd just rip your leg off. >.>

So yeah, neither are really possible yet. Maybe next version?
hopefully next version... because both ideas are possible however Lua seems very limited at this stage, maybe later... i wait...
Hang on a minute- the rockemsockem mod should be ok for the feet grip thing. They dont really grip the ground but it makes a solid mat at 100 cm engage distance like the floor of a boxing ring, and it keeps you from moving around unless you move your knees and ankles a lot.
already given my boxers big feet which works ok... but the reason for having griping feet is so that you CAN move, and then be able to balance yourself again...

so that you can get a better position on your opponent or avoid hits