Ranking
Original Post
[REL] Python-Bot PushNotification for Globals
WORKING

Hey TB community
While I was doing my shady stuff on the forum I've noticed many Events require in-game presence at the right time. (no shit Sherlock)

That means you must join an in-game room when the ES is hosting that event.

What happens when an ES is hosting? Usually, before starting the event those friendly guys send an in-game broadcast also known as globals.

Well ok, but what happens if you're not in-game at that time? You lose the event hehehe that's what happens

Pretty sad huh?

That's why i've made this little Python bot

What does the bot do?

Let's start from what does PushBullet do, which is the "core" of this bot.

PushPullet it's an app you can download in your PC (Mac and Windows), on your phone, or add as extension for your browser.

His job is to send push notifications (no shit sherlock pt.2) like the ones that come from games like clash of clans when a building is ready.
His main role is to send you a notification when a task is completed.

PushBullet pic & download

Well ok, nice app but how can this help me join the events wtf man?

Smart guys already got it.

What does the bot do is sending you one of those push notification when a new global is sent.

Here are some pics of what it looks like when somebody sends a global:

Desktop

Phone

How to get it to work?

Just download PushBullet on your device and then click HERE.

The link will bring you to the pushbullet channel page. All you have to do is hit the FOLLOW button.

That's pretty much it... the thread is marked as WIP beacouse i'm setting up the VPS for the bot to run but it's already tested and it works like a charm

In a day or two (based on my free time) the channel will be up and working.

WORKING

Hope you enjoy it!!! Byeeaaaa

for nerds

Last edited by Hisoka; Jan 8, 2018 at 03:48 AM.
i'm pretty sure you started making it after the golem event announcement ;p

keep it up! we all need it!
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
is it possible to extend it a bit?

for example: you click the global pop up on the phone and the you join with client on your pc

that would be a killer feature
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Yeah i think i can parse the words after “jo” in the global. Will update asap ;)
Originally Posted by Hisoka View Post
Yeah i think i can parse the words after “jo” in the global. Will update asap ;)

alternatively you could find the room the user who sent the global is in using fish's api
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
alternatively you could find the room the user who sent the global is in using fish's api

You can send a global without beeing in a room
Last edited by Hisoka; Jan 19, 2018 at 10:27 PM.