Toribash
Original Post
[WIP] MARKET TOOLS
Just wanted to start a little project to practice my Java skills.

Currently can:
- Perform searches of items (CASE SENSITIVE!).

To Do:
- Show potential deals on marketplace.
- Get market items in real time.
- Calculate the average price of an item.
- Searches not case sensitive
- more??

Download Here

To use:
1. Download files
3. Run Start.bat

ALL FILES ARE SAFE.
Last edited by Kitty; May 13, 2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: update
My way or no way, totalatarian.
This is really confusing to download and run, not gonna lie to you. What am I suppose to do, I have them all extracted and I tried running Start Batch file, but it load a command prompt them closes.

This is a great idea, just wish it could be more user friendly? No offense to you.

Don't extract Tool.jar, it should work then.

Well there isn't much to say about this... it's just a text file searcher, I like the idea tho.

Tips:
Use OkHttp and JSoup libraries together to have real time market listings, use okhttp to request the market page and jsoup to parse the response html, doing so will allow you to have a real time market items list without much effort.

Use regex to search items, if you manage to write the correct regex, users will be able to search for an item by only using part of their name and it could be case insensitive aswell.

Feel free to contact me on IRC if you need help
Originally Posted by Lite View Post

Well there isn't much to say about this... it's just a text file searcher, I like the idea tho.

Tips:
Use OkHttp and JSoup libraries together to have real time market listings, use okhttp to request the market page and jsoup to parse the response html, doing so will allow you to have a real time market items list without much effort.

Use regex to search items, if you manage to write the correct regex, users will be able to search for an item by only using part of their name and it could be case insensitive aswell.

No need to parse HTML when there's a REST API (http://forum.toribash.com/tori_market.php?format=json)
Originally Posted by Lite View Post

Tips:

Thanks for the advice Lite, i'm very much a noob at this stuff, but ill look into your suggestions!
Wait, Life, are you saying delete everything reinstall it and don't extract the files? I guess it's not a far file, but I didn't extract it yet and it still didn't work when I tried it...
you have java installed? just download all files and run the start file
I have Java of course, but still it doesn't work for my laptop when I go to open it. It shows a control panel, then it closes instantly.
UPDATE
I learned a lot while working on this update.
Huge shout out to Lite for making great suggestions and helping me with this update.

You now must give your user credentials for the program to work.

Currently can:
- Get items from the first page of the market in realtime

To Do:
- create a GUI
- Show potential deals on marketplace.
- Get market items in real time.
- Calculate the average price of an item.
- Implement effective searches
- format item data in a useful way

To use:
1. Download files
3. Run Start.bat

Download Here

please share any suggestions or ideas, thanks!
Last edited by Kitty; May 13, 2017 at 07:06 AM.
Nice thing to be added - more "readable" info about each item
GUI would be a nice thing yea

And the main thing - an ability to buy on ever sell your items (controlling user inventory).

Seems hard to be done but worth it, great idea!

E: noticed that it does not actually show items in market real-time. As i updated the market page, there were 2 new items placed, but the CMD screen doesnt see it. It seems to scan the market after login and pause.
Yet it needs to be done - make it refresh its data each # seconds so as someone put an item in the market, it will be displayed on the screen.
Last edited by Thor; May 13, 2017 at 08:01 PM.