Ranking
Originally Posted by Fluxorious View Post
Good question, but I can't tell as of now. It won't be as useful in next anyways because they're both built in the same engine and could have similar graphics

I hope it does because honestly. At least as of right now, this program shows a lot of promise. The way you've managed to make a program like this is pretty amazing. Thanks for answering my questions. I'll be following your thread to see how things turn out.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
I suggest loading obj files and their textures, together with post processing and camera control.

I dont understand what you mean by that, could you explain?

posing needs IK, if you use FK you just need to rotate a joint
in the parenting tree.

use my model of tori if needed as reference of structure or UVs.

I didn't use IK because I'm not sure how well it works in the Engine and how it imports from the modelling software. Another reason is that I want to allow dismembered bodyparts in the Screenshots. Joints will simply get a restriction in rotation, like a range (0°-90°). Easier to save in a binary file too.

I think the UV's and the structure are quite accurate
-----
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I hope it does because honestly. At least as of right now, this program shows a lot of promise. The way you've managed to make a program like this is pretty amazing. Thanks for answering my questions. I'll be following your thread to see how things turn out.

Thank you, much appreciated
Last edited by Fluxorious; Mar 9, 2018 at 07:54 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Advaneten View Post
Will it be possible to load a certain frame from a replay or would that be too complicated

Unlikely, I can't say for sure if it is or isn't because I've never looked at the replay files and don't know how exactly they're beeing saved. However I doubt every single frame is somehow saved in the file. I can imagine that the file contains an array of ints which represents the joint states at a specific time and which 2 players are currently playing, everything else would probably be handled by physics.

I did have the thought about importing replays to record it with the Visuals, and maybe additional camera controls of this program. unlikely to happen though.
We will see sometime in the future maybe

For now you'd need to pose the Tori manually to recreate the frame you want of the replay
replay files has info about the positions and moves each joint does.
changing its data people can hack replays.

replay files has info about the positions and moves each joint does.
changing its data people can hack replays.

Yea... but IK's really not neccessary here and The User got more freedom

Update!
Originally Posted by Fluxorious
Added Posing!
Select a Joint by clicking on it (shows in the top right corner) Use R/F to rotate in the specified Axis, use 1/2/3 to select which Axis.
Lock Camera is now the middle MouseButton.

Preview

I'll add something so it's easier to tell which Joint you're about to click and in which axis the Joint will rotate. I also actually made the Joints only rotate in the way they would rotate in Toribash but later discarded that to allow more freedom and encourage creativity. You can pose the joints however you like!

I've got an error with some 3D Item Textures that I still couldn't fix...

The only thing that causes this exception that I know of is trying to serialize a non-serializable variable but I'm only using short's and bytes so I really don't know why this is happening. Neither is it on all Textures... just a couple Items.
If anyone knows more about this let me know!
Last edited by Fluxorious; Mar 11, 2018 at 11:00 PM.
You should format your files to serialize, beyond you dont need to pass bytes, just load the image.

private Texture2D myGUITexture;
 void Start()
 {
     myGUITexture = (Texture2D)Resources.Load("Texturename.png");
 }
using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class ExampleClass : MonoBehaviour {
    void Start() {
        GameObject go = GameObject.CreatePrimitive(PrimitiveType.Plane);
        Renderer rend = go.GetComponent<Renderer>();
        rend.material.mainTexture = Resources.Load("glass") as Texture;
    }
}
a bit sorry for this lazy post,
but read the documentation.

then assign to object.
I guess they transfer to bytes because of the resizing.
Last edited by dengue; Mar 12, 2018 at 06:05 AM.
You should format your files to serialize, beyond you dont need to pass bytes, just load the image.

private Texture2D myGUITexture;
 void Start()
 {
     myGUITexture = (Texture2D)Resources.Load("Texturename.png");
 }
using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class ExampleClass : MonoBehaviour {
    void Start() {
        GameObject go = GameObject.CreatePrimitive(PrimitiveType.Plane);
        Renderer rend = go.GetComponent<Renderer>();
        rend.material.mainTexture = Resources.Load("glass") as Texture;
    }
}
a bit sorry for this lazy post,
but read the documentation.

then assign to object.
I guess they transfer to bytes because of the resizing.

There was some kind of reason why I couldn't directly load the image because .tga isn't a supported file format and you need a tga wrapper first
Theoretically I could take the easy way and manually import all item textures, then assign them to objects when they're beeing loaded. That would increase the download size though

EDIT: I looked into it and the reason why I thought I couldn't do it is because the WWW class only supported png and jpg. But I've moved on to simply using System.IO So I think I could just load the tga without a problem...
Last edited by Fluxorious; Mar 12, 2018 at 06:23 AM.
nice to see you coming with a solution.
this program willl make the life easier for texturers.

and the dl lp is boring.
nice to see you coming with a solution.
this program willl make the life easier for texturers.

and the dl lp is boring.

I can take a look on how to make this a bit more appealing for texturers since it's purpose isn't made for it. But you still need to dl ingame I'm afraid. The program Is just reading your customs folder, not downloading from the servers