Toribash
Original Post
New Legends - 2019 Edition

TIcux

Crazy Russian war machine.
Dominated The Best of the Champions for years and hoarded hundreds of old Shiai Tokens.
Leader of Alpha clan.

Orko

Pioneer in replay making and the multiplayer scene.
Curator of book of records and the stock replay folder.
GameMaster who grew to Event Squad Administrator.

Diamond

Absolute beast of a player and one of the best Toribash duelers.
Toribash 2018 World Champion.
Richest player Toribash ever had.

BinkLawz

Invented a new style of play in a game that was already 8 years old.
Completely selftaught replaymaker who became a master all on his own.
Founder of MAS and creator of the most realistic martial arts demos Toribash has ever seen.

killer3366

One of the strongest players Toribash ever had.
Completely dominated the -shu mods in 2012-2014.
Leader of RelaxAll clan.

The thing u guys are arguing about is ridiculous considering one part is multi-player and the other replaymaking lol
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Yeah these are two different playstyles;
Realism in replaymaking gives you an aesthetic goal and can make u look good.
Realism in Aikido, in my experience, usually gets you lifted.

Besides, almost everyone knows Binklawz and he's honestly insane.
Last edited by Swepples; Apr 1, 2019 at 12:23 PM.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Tripstone View Post
If that's the case then the Team Sambo roster should be there as well being as it was the first official Organization in the game and it brought Greykido to the public.

Special thanks to Gr3yh47 for that amazing mod. <3

Anywho, Bink brought a whole new out look and play style to the game which has became very popular through his contribution with its development.
Comparing someones Aikido play style (which most have regardless) to someone who basically developed something completely new and unheard of (and mastered it) is not even a close comparison in my opinion.

grey is a very sweet lad and i love leilak forever <3
(on a notion of named mods, greykido is really bad design, terribly clunky, and to be fair of all named spin-off mods, only stabberz's stabjutsu is a shining example of a truly great mod design, probably the most enjoyable wushu/lenshu/rk/ninjutsu out there, i'm dead serious it's that good)

but in any case there is some bias going on here:
replay makers / sparrers live in one world, straight mp players live in the other one

while folks who showcase mad showmanship skills in multiplayer in competitive environment against regular players are overlooked, as multiplayer replays board is a microcosm of "sparring only" and things that aren't sparring aren't understood

Aquita/Footlox is outstanding because he not only developed "a style" but a reliable reproduce-able way of bringing real mma/judo techniques in a form feasible for regular competitive toribash environment,

and comparing to team sambo who were just great players, (which is great btw)
he and ta were researching, documenting, compiling tutorials and teaching people to use these techniques, which we all can probably agree is a bit different thing that a "kool kids club", even though those kids are cool indeed

in short, there is a difference between:
a) having a cool playstyle
b) having a cool playstyle, researching ways of bringing more cool real techniques in multiplayer and actively teaching and promoting it

yeah it's sorta limited scope, as again mp replays board is de-facto boring sparring only board, and not 08-09 players we played together of times we have rose glasses memories to the point that we consider most of folks of that era to be outstanding, while overrlooking truly hard-working dedicated folks who are doing great stuff now / 2-3 years ago (new-school?)
so even though you haven't played with them, Footlox and Iver gameplay is featured regulary on ConCon channel, and that stuff is truly impressive, i can't do quarter of shit Footlox is pulling off, and he is doing that in regular abd ffs! not in specialized mods that are tailored for it
Last edited by snake; Apr 1, 2019 at 01:04 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
What are you on about specialized mods that are tailored. ANYTHING done replaymaking wise that is meant to look good takes literally hours to get to where you want and where most people have it at untill the freely post it or showcase it. The same for MP but on a different scope where it's practice to getting to a skill level where you can pull of shit on que, for example with Bink, where he can do shit in MP with not an unlimited amount of time, without editing. Where most people can't do the same things in SP where they can edit an endless amount of times.

I am however not saying that competetive basis mods where you pull of insane stupid shit should be overlooked, because it's fucking dope. The thing i'm trying to say, ofc it's going to be biased if replaymaking overall is more popular lol, since recent years most newcomers that get into the game don't go in with the mentality of "oh ima be a great aikido player", instead being more towards wanting do do whatever they want replaymaking wise.

It's replays, if it's Sparring, MAS, Parkour, Tricking, Aikido, Wushu, whatever it is. Why argue about bias towards who gets legend when they actually deserve it, and instead submit propper sugestions for people you deem worthy out of another scene or whatever it is i am trying to say.

And yes, i am biased towards replaymakers for legend, because i am a passionated one myself. That's the same coming from you or anyone that's been going against "the bias" or whatever. You enjoy the other. (while you still probably enjoy the other one, being replaymaking) It's simply because anyone would want to endorse people from the same genre of things you enjoy, something yadayada, blabbering. Arguing is dumb.

Stop the arguing and enjoy that people make anything their craft in the game because they enjoy it lol
Last edited by Xioi; Apr 1, 2019 at 02:02 PM.
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
eyy i wasn't saying BIAS BIAS EVERYWHERE IT'S ALL RIGGED

i was saying about the general perception of mp non-sparring replays as being overlooked, not like i'm arguing to make a point "I'M RIGHT, EVERYONE IS WRONG"

if that sounds like that, my bad, wasn't my intention

my point is: toribash is a multiplayer game, and mb stuff that looks amazing and done in regular mods should have it's limelight,
instead of stuff done in single specifically tailored mod around one particular gameplay style to make it's creator always win there, which for example i totally completely never ever was a inlovled in

in short:
my belief is that replays in vein of leyz in runkido should be more valuable than they currently are, as it's pure mp replays of people doing really awesome stuff in regular normal games,
and to an extent folks who do really awesome shit in regular mp should get a bit more recognition for their effort of researching & transferring real techniques to normal toribash matches, instead of always focusing on sp / sparing guys as it was for ages, while really awesome folks like Footlox (Aquita) and Iver who are doing stuff in regular abd are being ignored

to double clarify:
NOT ARGUING MAKE X LEGEND NAO, EVERYTHING BIAS, CONSPIRACY
i'm saying there are folks who aren't exclusively sp / sparrers / duelers / staff, but do stuff in regular multiplayer for ages hat should also be noted
Last edited by snake; Apr 1, 2019 at 03:57 PM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15