ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Whisper notification
Ok so idk if others would want this but i think it would be useful as an option. Lets say im watching a video but im in game and someone needs to get a hold of me, usually if someone whispered me while being tabbed out, i wouldnt be able to see it until i check the game again, so i think there should be an option to get either a sound notification when you get whispered, or if you're tabbed out, the icon tab for the game highlights, like when you're tabbed out and queue up to play a match. Any suggestions?
you're on thin ice, pal
I've actually had this problem quite often, for example when you're in a tourney queue and watching a video while you wait.
As is the usual, it should be toggleable so people dont get spammed

Yeah its something that should have been implemented a long time ago imo, anyone else have any suggestions?
you're on thin ice, pal
Why the duck should this have been implemented a long time ago?
if you truly desire to watch videos while playing a game, then minimize the window, put toribash window to the right and video to the left.
Not necessary to implement something like this. If people have important whispers they can pm you aswell or write you somewhere else if needed or on irc or whatever.

if you wanna play the game, play the game.
if you wanna watch a video, watch a video.
They have the highlight notification when you get queued into a match, so if you are tabbed out you can know that you are playing, if we are using your logic then why is that a thing? I don't code, but i don't think it would be hard to make whispers do the same thing. If im in a tourney and the server is full, im usually tabbed out until i play, and during that time i generally get whispered, and it would be nice to know when you get whispered if you aren't directly watching the game, because its nice to know when you are fighting when you aren't directly looking at the game.
you're on thin ice, pal
I understand your concern.

Imagine this:

Your tb icon blinks up.
You think you are playing but then u get whispered.

Weeks or months later u get used to it.

Your tb icon blinks you think you got whispered you ignore it n watch the video.
You got afked in a tourney.

I think it wouldnt be hard to implement yes.
But in my opinion its useless.
A sound notification (which kozmo also stated) would fix that.

Personally, this is a good idea. This happens to me a lot as well.

Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
A sound notification (which kozmo also stated) would fix that.

Personally, this is a good idea. This happens to me a lot as well.

Well if its a sound notification then you would need to set it so you hear it while a video for example.
It all has its pros n contras however u want the notifications. People will abuse it when they feel like it and you turn off the sound then and boom u back to not getting notified. I advise stuff like skype irc discord for true people u want to get notified from. If its truly important they wait anyways.

Dont get me wrong i like this idea. I just cant think of a way to make it work properly currently without contra arguments.

Except: small window blinks up like on irc for example (maybe ive missed that suggestion if so i apologize)

(This way u get notified and even if people abuse it, its a small window only and stays constantly for seconds anyways until it gets closed itself and wont reopen on no response from your side (just incase u get hard spammed n ignore it))
Bump, still think this deserves to get implemented, the small window blinking would probably be the best option
you're on thin ice, pal
Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
Bump, still think this deserves to get implemented, the small window blinking would probably be the best option

I agree, this needs to be implemented, Im tired of feeling like a douche after going back to tb to read some whisper that says something like

<somedude>: Hey veoo xd what up man <333
<somedude>: Dude I love your amazing art : )))
<somedude>: dude are you even listening?
<somedude>: wow ur a cunt!
somedude disconnected. Quit game.
Last edited by Veoo; Apr 24, 2017 at 03:47 AM. Reason: I messed up the capitalization of somedude in one of the things, my b