ES Recruitment Drive
Leg wraps
Well it took a while, but here it is... Single leg wrap.

Wrap around the leg with your arm and grab somewhere on the body to lock the leg in place. Finish the throw.
Attached Files
Leg Wrap 1.rpl (57.7 KB, 5 views)
Leg Wrap 2.rpl (41.1 KB, 4 views)
Leg Wrap 3.rpl (38.8 KB, 5 views)
Leg Wrap 4.rpl (57.4 KB, 6 views)
Leg Wrap 5.rpl (46.7 KB, 5 views)
Nice work Iskenos. Now I feel that your replays 3 and 4 aren't true leg wraps but besides that its clear what you are trying to demonstrate. I think this is a low risk high reward technique that is difficult to pull off. I think its ready for its own thread but first i want to find a better name for this technique.

I think this technique has some conceptual similarity to the wrestler's cradle.

Cradle

Now I know its not a REAL cradle but the concept of wrapping your opponent's leg and then gripping high on the upper body is mechanically the same as the cradle. The only thing missing is head wrap and then joining the grips.

So can we call this a cradling technique or maybe a Basic Cradle and somewhere down the line we can achieve the Proper Cradle of wrapping the head AND leg and join grips. I would like a wrestler's opinion on this.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
I'm not sure a tori's arms are long enough to successfully wrap around the head and leg together, but we can certainly try
-----
But yes, I'm fine with it being renamed to cradle. Let's just keep it as "Cradle" until we find a more complicated version of this move
-----
So I've done this same move three times today, unfortunately I only saved one and I have an older replay. Sweeplex
Attached Files
Sweeplex.rpl (49.6 KB, 4 views)
Sweeplex 2.rpl (38.4 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Iskenos; Aug 3, 2017 at 04:03 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
if you can't get the head go for the arm. cradle suits it well. from a straight between the legs you can reach the neck at a stretch. you could also extend the concept of the cradle to include anything that makes them "be the ball" weather they want to be or not. they you can start using self grabs to aid in the cradle.

note lost the head grab one will upload when i find it.
Attached Files
aikido eggscrwerfsf.rpl (46.6 KB, 4 views)
aikido firemwrwer3245.rpl (49.1 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Aug 4, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
Since you're not actually locking your hands i think the term "body crunch" would suit it better.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Leg crunch?
-----
Originally Posted by monkeyishi View Post
if you can't get the head go for the arm. cradle suits it well. from a straight between the legs you can reach the neck at a stretch. you could also extend the concept of the cradle to include anything that makes them "be the ball" weather they want to be or not. they you can start using self grabs to aid in the cradle.

note lost the head grab one will upload when i find it.

Your first replay ins't a leg wrap/cradle/crunch because you're grabbing the leg directly, but the second is good.
Last edited by Iskenos; Aug 7, 2017 at 04:10 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
i lumped it in because all these moves make the opponent become the ball. the specific technique to me is less important than the concept behind why it works. thats why most of my posts center around a set of moves like legs throws or shoulder throws. i like the sound of body crunch. i think im going to change from calling it the be the ball move set.
We need to make some changes to the knowledge base so we can fit these new techniques in
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle