Original Post
Needing new moderators...
Hi everyone!

We're looking for some moderators to moderate the following board
  • General discussion
  • Toribash
  • Events
  • Tutorials

The only peoples who will get these moderator stars, are ones who are active in Toribash, the forums AND the IRC channel. Although you don't have to be in IRC all the time, myself and the global mods prefer people who are there often enough.

These mods will/can create their own rules for the board, providing they're not stupid. For an example, if you get the placement of a mod in Events you will be required to create events, help people in making them, and participate in them. You can make your own rules for new events, such as "No making events if you fail to gain 5 players" or something.

This will mean, Toribash will grow and grow till it's so big (other random cool words here)!

Resources
http://www.toribash.com/forum/index.php?topic=2772.0 - mIRC tutorial
http://www.toribash.com/chat - Java Webchat for IRC

We will be watching.

p.s karma is back by popular request
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Re: Needing new moderators...
what about me?
User was infracted for this signature. (Useless signature)
Originally Posted by Qegola
Don't just apply without thinking about it. You don't realize quite how frustrating it is to answer ALL these irrelevant questions, lock useless topics, move and delete misconcieved topics, and moderate users that post them.

Sure, you're gonna be able to say 'I have absolute power over this board!'. But everyone's gonna expect you to make sure you do your job well.

Even in a relatively quiet board like Support, its kinda frustrating to tell everyone to search for their damn problems elsewhere.

...But I wasn't applying...
I was trying to get people to apply for events.
Don't take life too seriously, you never get out of it alive anyways.
Originally Posted by COM(B)AT
Originally Posted by Qegola
Don't just apply without thinking about it. You don't realize quite how frustrating it is to answer ALL these irrelevant questions, lock useless topics, move and delete misconcieved topics, and moderate users that post them.

Sure, you're gonna be able to say 'I have absolute power over this board!'. But everyone's gonna expect you to make sure you do your job well.

Even in a relatively quiet board like Support, its kinda frustrating to tell everyone to search for their damn problems elsewhere.

...But I wasn't applying...
I was trying to get people to apply for events.

I'd be very happy to be a mod in events.

P.s. check my other post
Hi
who said that....?
uhm i come on toribash forums every day and toribash every day and i just got irc so im probly ganna be on that every day
Party please?
I'll apply. I'm on toribash and the forums every day, but since I'm a mac user I can't be on mirc at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you pick me... I'll give you lots of loving. Take it or leave it! This is a one time offer!
OK. Why not? Umm.. I'd like to apply for the moderator position of whatever board you feel I'd be best suited to.

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do