Ranking
You sound very much like half the students I know. I can tell you now that it's much better if you do a course you'll enjoy, even if it's a bit less academic.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
I'm doing Business/Commerce and it's fun practically but fuck, the theory is 7 kinds of bullshit. I'll stick with it though, for them 6 digit pay checks yew yew.
Σ
Super busy finishing high school. I'm trying to get into a London uni but got rejected from Imperial, UCL hasn't answered yet. I have an offer from Lancaster and no answers yet from Sussex or Warwick but I'm not sure wether I'd prefer staying in France to going there. I've resuscitated my Magic the Gathering hobby. That's about it...
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Sup.

Currently in army because of the one year mantary military service. Having fun though. And it's nearby, so I get to go home in the evenings and stuff. Pretty boss.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
few weeks away from my final exams and shit which i'm not too fazed by. now employed. seriously can't be bothered with much right now and work is beginning to pile up.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Currently unemployed searchin' for jobs, done a year and a half of Graphic Design in uni but stopped because it was stealing my soul. Trying to get into Computer Sciences in the fall.
Aslask: link8: Do you know what the soviet union is? Or was
Marco: link8: do you know what a carrot is? Or was
This just in: New Graphic Design candidate wanted! Must have at least 2 years uni experience in the field and must be named Daniel.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
Originally Posted by FreshPrins View Post
I'm doing Business/Commerce and it's fun practically but fuck, the theory is 7 kinds of bullshit. I'll stick with it though, for them 6 digit pay checks yew yew.

My course has been shit. UQ's campus is nice and all but everything is far too theory focussed, like yours.

I'm swapping into an Arts degree next semester, then starting next year I'm going to be doing some really practical journalism course.
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
My course has been shit. UQ's campus is nice and all but everything is far too theory focussed, like yours.

I'm swapping into an Arts degree next semester, then starting next year I'm going to be doing some really practical journalism course.

Yeah I found the course I was doing at university to be way more theory orientated than I would've liked. The bad/good thing is that if you pull through all this theory you're more likely to get a job in the area you're studying as apposed to taking a more practical approach to it, like a TAFE course or something (Not sure if TAFE is Australia wide or just SA). That's if it's something like economics or some science related course.

Now for a personal update! Decided that doing nothing is hell, feel like crap most days and am just bored as bat shit. In short, I'm not having a very good time. So I started exercising a bit in the last few days and have already noticed a difference. Feeling a lot better physically and mentally already. So yeah, going to be trying to get in shape, while at the same time putting on a bit of weight because I'm quite rake-like. Just need to keep at it for a few years and not expect any drastic results in the short term.