Toribash
Original Post
collabot thread
Hello there.
Woah there are some new names in this clan that I haven't met before, nice to meet you! Hope you'll at least stay for a week enjoy your stay here. :)
I'm back again from my usual inactivity period, only this time I've brought a quite unusual stuff with me.
If you have time to kill, please watch this video and then click that spoiler thingy below.

Update 2016/08/15: video is outdated, see this post

video

click this after you've watched the video

Anyway, thanks for spending your time watching/reading this. I'm going to take a quick nap.

Link to the deployment page: http://nodejs-fgnds.rhcloud.com.
I've temporarily added a passphrase field in the form for security reasons. If you want to test the bot, PM me or reply here to request the passphrase.
Attached Files
collabot_controller.lua (15.0 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by J0Y; Aug 16, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
Step out of your skin, put it in a jar. I thought they were my friends, but they were cannonballs.
Neat concept but it'll hardly work considering the variation in skill levels and possible trolling.
<~Arthur> Moslims go around exploding people
I LOVE YOU!
It's a good idea but like what ay said ppl might troll or not agree on the movement of the tori and things may get hectic.
I really think that this is one of the most innovative and requested thing for Toribash in YEARS. this is awesome!
Last edited by Zorow; Jul 31, 2016 at 02:23 AM.
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj
Absolutely amazing!! Well done! How long did it take you to make this?
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Great job, great concept

I dont think it'll work that well though due to the nature of toribash

The only way to make it more efficient is to make the joints update in real time for everyone by anyone that changes its states. Perhaps make each click automatically LShift + space so that it's in real time for everyone? I know nothing about bots/scripts/coding or toribash in general for that matter so I dont know how possible that is.
Originally Posted by Maylene View Post
Neat concept but it'll hardly work considering the variation in skill levels and possible trolling.

Originally Posted by Zorow View Post
I LOVE YOU!
It's a good idea but like what ay said ppl might troll or not agree on the movement of the tori and things may get hectic.
I really think that this is one of the most innovative and requested thing for Toribash in YEARS. this is awesome!

Yup it is kind of impractical to use this on normal toribash matches because of said reasons. But I think there are also some special situations in which collabot may become "usable", such as Events (that is oriented around collabot), coaching/training people (not really sure), or group / clan party that you do just to have some silly fun (where trolling might be tolerated).

Originally Posted by HASSAN2000 View Post
Absolutely amazing!! Well done! How long did it take you to make this?

thanks, the idea has existed since months ago but I only get to actually implement it since last week.

Originally Posted by Course
Great job, great concept

I dont think it'll work that well though due to the nature of toribash

The only way to make it more efficient is to make the joints update in real time for everyone by anyone that changes its states. Perhaps make each click automatically LShift + space so that it's in real time for everyone? I know nothing about bots/scripts/coding or toribash in general for that matter so I dont know how possible that is.

Yeah that's cool but since states updates are sent through whisper message, real-time update would translate to mass flood-kicking by the server.
Last edited by J0Y; Jul 31, 2016 at 09:02 AM.
Step out of your skin, put it in a jar. I thought they were my friends, but they were cannonballs.
I think that in the application oh sparring and trick this would come is hand a bunch for making... collaborations??
~Link is my personal Dj
Don't be deceived by its name.

Um yah perhaps it might work, wanna try it? Not today though. It's Monday, and there are things that I should do on Mondays.
Monday can suk-a-dik. yeah, hmu on Skype if you wanna try it
~Link is my personal Dj
Wow.
Actually impressive stuff here.
How long did it take for you to make this?
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc