Toribash
Original Post
[Promo-Team]Replay Hacking Competition - NO madmans please

Hey you! Yes you there... I've seen you. You're good at replay making arent you?! I know. But... are you good at HACKING replays?

Yes thats right: No Madman Replay Competition - Hacking allowed. You're probably wondering whats this all about? Well, here it is, the rules that is:
  • 2 replays per person
  • No stealing replays
  • No classic madmans (ripping and gripping)
  • Preferably no gripping
  • Maximum of 1000 frames per replay
  • No old replays
  • HACKING ALLOWED!!! (finally)

I want you to create a replay that will include some nice destruction. Not a classic "rip uke's limbs off" but more of a replay that features moves that are humanly impossible to perform (except old kung fu masters ). That includes some hacking of course.

Here is some help: hacking tutorial

Replays are to be named in this order: "Username_Replayname.rpl". All replays that are not named like that are not valid.

and i added a reference replay just so you know what can be done with hacking replays (im using nuthug's replay cause it was the only one that i could find.)

Ending date: 3 weeks from today...
Judges: yet to be announced

Hack on!

Oh right...the prizes:

1st: 80k
2nd: 50k
3rd: 20k
Attached Files
hhorny2.rpl (49.6 KB, 360 views)
Last edited by evil; Sep 21, 2009 at 01:37 AM.
no
Virtues are for squares.

Everyone should just wait until Saturday night, and if evil still doesn't decide, we start a riot.
This sentence is a lie. This sentence is not true. This sentence is divisible by zero. This sentence is eatable.
oke im done judging...seeing there were some awesome replays out there i had no choice but to add a "pro" category which only has one "resident".so:

SemiPro:
1. shicken - really nice replays, that psychic brutalization was hilarious. you really have potential for "modding" the replays.
2. GuardianDuo - that amoebaman replay was the one that has brighten my day. funniest replay i saw in a while. and the darth vader one was really good too. you and shicken were really close so it was a tough decision.
3. Archlurps - that gambit replay was above average compared to others who didnt make it. although there were others that included more hacking than yours, your's looks natural which brought you to 3rd place.

Pro:
Nuthug - he is the god of hacking. if you really must know, it took him 3 weeks of intense hacking to create a replay which is impossible to do in normal toribash enviroment.

So the prizes are:

SemiPro:
1. shicken - 80k
2. GuardianDuo - 50k
3. Archlurps - 20k

Pro:
NutHug - 80k
Last edited by evil; Nov 6, 2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Slipanc sucks
no
Like I've seriously spent 3 weeks on that replay. Some days were enough. Most of the time I spent drinking beer.

Congrats guys.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Lol, of the three comps I entered around the time I gave a shot at this one, this was the one I least expected getting a prize from.

Thanks, lol, tripled my funds XD.

I agree about NutHug, btw. If he knows or ever will know programming, he's someone Nabi should hire if they ever wanted the physics of this game to resemble those of reality more.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
*Clap clap clap*
I knew that shicken would get a prize of some sort ;)

And of course, NutHug... It was inevitable, lol.
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
Lol, of the three comps I entered around the time I gave a shot at this one, this was the one I least expected getting a prize from.

Thanks, lol, tripled my funds XD.

I agree about NutHug, btw. If he knows or ever will know programming, he's someone Nabi should hire if they ever wanted the physics of this game to resemble those of reality more.

actually replay hacking has nothing to do with programming
no
Originally Posted by evil View Post
actually replay hacking has nothing to do with programming

No, but getting hired to Nabi does. NutHug definitely seems to know exactly what's wrong with the physics engine if run without assitance, since by tweaking how it works (probably it's fault and not his that it took weeks) he could make such a natural-looking replay

I never said replay hacking had anything to do with programming, you know

I know a tad of it myself, like the text-based game found in the link in my sig implies.
I refuse to grab.
-
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
No, but getting hired to Nabi does. NutHug definitely seems to know exactly what's wrong with the physics engine if run without assitance, since by tweaking how it works (probably it's fault and not his that it took weeks) he could make such a natural-looking replay

I never said replay hacking had anything to do with programming, you know

I know a tad of it myself, like the text-based game found in the link in my sig implies.

Unfortunately university requires me to learn some programming. I have already my position as creative assistent though.
The engine has no flaws (if you deny the gluteglitch or uberspinny dismembered pieces). All I did was adding a *mystical force* which pulled on Tori here and there.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
Unfortunately university requires me to learn some programming. I have already my position as creative assistent though.
The engine has no flaws (if you deny the gluteglitch or uberspinny dismembered pieces). All I did was adding a *mystical force* which pulled on Tori here and there.

It does... or, meh, the ragdolls do, but anyways

You would be the perfect person to tweak the amount of ground friction and bodypart weights

Not even with tweaked gravity is the result completely realistic (and even that is neglecting the unrealistic movement restrictions to rotating the arms around their length axis, to name just one), mostly because said lack of friction

Anyways, I'm through with explaining what I mean, just take the damn compliment XD
I refuse to grab.
-