Ranking
Snarr:

Ahh... Well the way I learn new povray stuff is find povray code on the net about stuff I like (lets say, water, for example), and play with it (change stuff).

In combination with the povray manual on the povray site, especially section 1, this really helps when learning new things. Trust me, no tutorial can help more than messing around with the code and trying it out.

The next big step is to start a very, very simple scene from scratch, from an empty text file. Also, read carefully what povray says about the code, and try to correct those errors.

When you've advanced a bit, reuse your old code always when you can. Copy paste is the master. Or your own include files, later. Also, macros, very later

Finally, it helps a LOT if you know some math / analytical geometry in 3D.

--

So I have an idea for a shop, but I'm not sure if I should go for it, basically something like this:

(here will be some text that refers to this thread and the free povray script)

and this will be added:

If you can't make a certain head movement or feature you would like using my code - movements that would need a lot of changes to the code, write a request.

Or - if you don't want to mess around with PovRay and imagemagick, you can also request a render.

Please be gentle though I can't make explosions or very complex stuff (yet) - you'll have to ask the pro 3D guys for that.

So don't send me TC directly, just describe the head actions/movement - I need to know if I can actually do it - and depending on the complexity I'll tell you a price (minimum 500tc) - and render you a smaller sample for free (60x60 instead of 100x100). If it looks fine, I get your TC, you get the fullsize render.

Should I go for it? Should I make a shop for that or the free script is enough... also do the shop rules make sense? :P
Originally Posted by Snarr View Post
Yea, they make sense, but when will you add neck textures?

I don't want to sound unhelpful, but if you're trying to learn about POV, doing it yourself might be a good idea.

Adding neck textures to something like this is an extremely simple process.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Spion can you send me link to gimp so that i can make some new heads and nice help i think this should be a stikie ^^ good job love tori head
In the beginning there was time.
In the end there was nothing......