Ranking
Original Post
ABD Random Wrist dm fix
Can we use this fixed version for abd? AikidoBigDojoWristdmfix.tbm rename this to AikidoBigDojo?
it has stronger wrists to they don't randomly fall off which A LOOOOT of people agree is pretty annoying, and can cause the mod to seem skill based on occasions.

I could even fix a couple more mods it's pretty simple and easy, icky suggested i fix TK while i'm at it but I want know if it will get me anywhere?
ISSA GANG BANG
Hi, I more or less oversee public rooms

1.) I won't be deleting the current ABD from the db and replacing it with any edited versions. Any "fixed" version of abd will have to be titled something different, e.g. aikidobigdojov[x]

2.) Not super keen on straight replacing things without getting community approval. The sort of simple edit I showed you can come with side effects based on how high the general dm threshold is, e.g. dming at the elbow instead of the wrist.

Imo, much more comprehensive fixes have already been made, that include gradual dm_threshold changes across limbs to alleviate whole limbs breaking off at once in lieu of a wrist dm, point fixes, etc. etc. I can ask hosters to host in "fixes" of official mods instead of the originals, though.

I can't guarantee anything will catch on and I'd like not to force it. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what sort of community feedback this gets.
Originally Posted by pouffy View Post
Hi, I more or less oversee public rooms

1.) I won't be deleting the current ABD from the db and replacing it with any edited versions. Any "fixed" version of abd will have to be titled something different, e.g. aikidobigdojov[x]

2.) Not super keen on straight replacing things without getting community approval. The sort of simple edit I showed you can come with side effects based on how high the general dm threshold is, e.g. dming at the elbow instead of the wrist.

Imo, much more comprehensive fixes have already been made, that include gradual dm_threshold changes across limbs to alleviate whole limbs breaking off at once in lieu of a wrist dm, point fixes, etc. etc. I can ask hosters to host in "fixes" of official mods instead of the originals, though.

I can't guarantee anything will catch on and I'd like not to force it. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what sort of community feedback this gets.

Understandable, currently I'm hosting the mod, around 3 people playing it now, had a bunch of people come in and out, I see dm's working fine everywhere else, and the wrists do real, but i has to be purposely or under tremendous force that would be more understandable.
ISSA GANG BANG
its not really random though is it? wrists arent meant to be a strong joint thus them breaking quiet easily in some situations
Existing mods aren't going to be changed - especially considering there's nothing to "fix" in those mods.
If you want to use this mod in your rooms, go ahead and use it. If you want to suggest its usage in official rooms, I'd like it to get a bit more games played than it currently has first - especially if you want it to replace vanilla aikidobigdojo.

Also I'm sorry, but if you actually think that weak wrists is a thing that has to be fixed in aikido mods, to me it sounds as if you don't understand how aikido mods work. Wrist control is one of their main aspects, and dumbing them down is in no way an improvement.