Toribash
Original Post
Movie/TV Chat
Let's use thread to talk about the shows/movies we've watched and to ask for recommendations.

I'll start. Just finished Silicon Valley. Are there any other good (relatively recent) comedies you guys know about?
45% rotten tomatos. No thank-you. Then again, I liked Tusk (also with Justin Long) which is 39%.
I saw Jurassic World last Saturday since it was my dad's birthday. Shit was great.

The Jurassic Park series was my favorite as a kid. Watching JW made me all nostalgic, especially with all the references to the JP series.
a spoon.
I liked Jeepers Creepers too. Shame the critics didn't.

Been watching the Ju-On movies in my free time. I love horror films, especially when they're from places close to home.
fl0w
Go watch Enter the void and Fantastic Planet, this movies will trip you the fuck outt.
Sigh time to make a huge list of films
Also most if not all of these films/tv shows are available on (uk) netflix.

A list in no perpendicular order:
  • Peaky Blinders | Tv show - 1 season: A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost.(Netflix) I would rate 5/5.
  • Fringe | Tv show - 5 seasons: As part of Fringe Division, FBI agent Olivia Dunham uses experimental science to unravel the mystery surrounding a series of paranormal events.(Netflix) It's a pretty good show I'll give it that, 4/5
  • Residue | Tv show - 1 season: After a freak explosion wreaks havoc on a sprawling city of the future, eight survivors get caught up in the aftermath and its paranormal effects.(Netflix) not personally ranked yet as I just started it, but It seems good, reminds me of MisFits.
  • Daredevil | Tv show - 1 season: "Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.(Netflix) Gory/5, This is a really good season, it has a nice story and better yet decapitation via car door.
  • Black Books | Tv show - 3 Series: A misanthropic bookshop owner named Bernard Black wakes up from a bender to discover, to his horror, that he's hired cheery Manny Bianco as a clerk.(Netflix) 5/5 Loved it.
  • It's such a beautiful day | Film - 64min: Award-winning animator Don Hertzfeldt unites three short films about a hapless guy named Bill with new material to create this feature-length tale.(Netflix) This is a pretty interesting film, also really deep.
  • Archer | Tv show - 5 Seasons: Suave, sophisticated spy Archer may have the coolest gadgets, but he still has issues when it comes to dealing with his boss, who is also his mother.(Netrflix) 10/5 funny as hell.
  • Knights of Sidonia | Tv show - 1 season(season 2 is out on july 3rd): An original anime series about Nagate, a low-born youth in a society of genetically engineered humans, refugees that escaped the destruction of Earth one thousand years earlier and now occupy the massive ship Sidonia. When Nagate's talent as a pilot is revealed he becomes one of Sidonia's elite defenders against the Gauna, shapeshifting aliens bent on eliminating humans from existence. Based on the popular Japanese manga comic.(Netflix) 5/5 watched it all in one sitting.
  • MisFits | Tv show - 5 Seasons: After being sentenced to six weeks of community service, five ne'er-do-well teens discover that a freak storm has given them superpowers.(Netflix) 5/5 I enjoyed it, but then I started watching the other seasons and the life had kinda died out.
  • Boardwalk Empire | Tv show - 5 seasons: Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster. Side by side with his brother Elias, Atlantic City's sheriff, and a crew of ward bosses and local tough guys, Nucky gains a reputation as the man to see for illegal alcohol. He does business with all the top gangsters -- Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, "Big Jim" Colosimo -- and he does it well ... until a former protégé takes matters into his own hands, setting the Feds on Nucky's tail.(Google) 5/5 Loved it.
Okay so, mostly tv shows, I'll add a few more later maybe.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
I wanted to start daredevil but I never have the time, seemed good.
I've also recently finished lost, pretty sick show, 121 episodes of 43minutes.

I think the "blood and ice-cream" triology is pretty sick, if you dont hate brittish accents.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Sigh time to make a huge list of films :D
Also most if not all of these films/tv shows are available on (uk) netflix.

A list in no perpendicular order:
  • Peaky Blinders | Tv show - 1 season: A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost.(Netflix) I would rate 5/5.
  • Fringe | Tv show - 5 seasons: As part of Fringe Division, FBI agent Olivia Dunham uses experimental science to unravel the mystery surrounding a series of paranormal events.(Netflix) It's a pretty good show I'll give it that, 4/5
  • Residue | Tv show - 1 season: After a freak explosion wreaks havoc on a sprawling city of the future, eight survivors get caught up in the aftermath and its paranormal effects.(Netflix) not personally ranked yet as I just started it, but It seems good, reminds me of MisFits.
  • Daredevil | Tv show - 1 season: "Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.(Netflix) Gory/5, This is a really good season, it has a nice story and better yet decapitation via car door.
  • Black Books | Tv show - 3 Series: A misanthropic bookshop owner named Bernard Black wakes up from a bender to discover, to his horror, that he's hired cheery Manny Bianco as a clerk.(Netflix) 5/5 Loved it.
  • It's such a beautiful day | Film - 64min: Award-winning animator Don Hertzfeldt unites three short films about a hapless guy named Bill with new material to create this feature-length tale.(Netflix) This is a pretty interesting film, also really deep.
  • Archer | Tv show - 5 Seasons: Suave, sophisticated spy Archer may have the coolest gadgets, but he still has issues when it comes to dealing with his boss, who is also his mother.(Netrflix) 10/5 funny as hell.
  • Knights of Sidonia | Tv show - 1 season(season 2 is out on july 3rd): An original anime series about Nagate, a low-born youth in a society of genetically engineered humans, refugees that escaped the destruction of Earth one thousand years earlier and now occupy the massive ship Sidonia. When Nagate's talent as a pilot is revealed he becomes one of Sidonia's elite defenders against the Gauna, shapeshifting aliens bent on eliminating humans from existence. Based on the popular Japanese manga comic.(Netflix) 5/5 watched it all in one sitting.
  • MisFits | Tv show - 5 Seasons: After being sentenced to six weeks of community service, five ne'er-do-well teens discover that a freak storm has given them superpowers.(Netflix) 5/5 I enjoyed it, but then I started watching the other seasons and the life had kinda died out.
  • Boardwalk Empire | Tv show - 5 seasons: Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster. Side by side with his brother Elias, Atlantic City's sheriff, and a crew of ward bosses and local tough guys, Nucky gains a reputation as the man to see for illegal alcohol. He does business with all the top gangsters -- Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, "Big Jim" Colosimo -- and he does it well ... until a former protégé takes matters into his own hands, setting the Feds on Nucky's tail.(Google) 5/5 Loved it.
Okay so, mostly tv shows, I'll add a few more later maybe.

Typical, I haven't seen any of those.

I've already given my list on the TL;DR equivalent of this thread but I shall post it here as well.

Just some films I quite liked which are slightly less well known than I would expect.
-Wild Things: You get to see Kevin Bacon's penis so obviously a fantastic film (and also has a great plot, but that comes second in reasons to watch it).
-Once flew over the cuckoo's nest: a classic.
-Chronicle: just a well made and pretty unusual movie.

These go without saying but:
-Breakfast at Tiffany's
-The Breakfast club

Basically if you haven't seen at least one or two of these films I will start judging you immediately.
Good morning sweet princess